National Advocates for Pregnant Women (NAPW) is a New York City-based 501c3 non-profit advocacy organization that seeks to protect the rights and human dignity of all people, focusing on pregnant and parenting women and those who are most likely to be targeted for state control and punishment, including low-income women, women of color, and drug-using women. NAPW works to ensure that women do not lose their constitutional and human rights as a result of pregnancy; that addiction and other health challenges they face during pregnancy are addressed as health issues, not as crimes; that families are not needlessly separated based on medical misinformation; and that pregnant and parenting women have access to a full range of reproductive health services, as well as non-punitive drug treatment services.
Our work encompasses litigation, litigation support, and legal advocacy; local and national organizing; and public policy development, public education, and outreach. Two principles guide all NAPW activities: (1) to build bridges and align agendas across diverse public health, social justice, and civil rights movements, and (2) to leverage and connect local organizing and activism with national advocacy and policy work.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE FULL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: www.AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org
Due to the Pandemic, NAPW is at present a completely remote workforce. This position is normally in-office. If the successful candidate is hired while the staff is still remote, we will work with that candidate to ensure that they have the tools, equipment, and digital on-boarding to be successfully integrated into our remote work environment. All staff will transition to onsite when the office reopens.
Job Title: Development Manager (DvM)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt; Confidential
JOB LOCATION: New York City (Office-based position) **SEE COVID-19 NOTICE**
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 – $85,000 annually, based on experience
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance and AD&D; FSA; Commuter Benefits; 403(b) Retirement Plan with matching; Paid Time Off; Paid Parental Leave; Professional Development Assistance
NAPW is seeking a Development Manager (DvM) to assist with existing fundraising efforts/strategies and to help develop, implement and manage a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the organization.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Executive Director, with close consultation with the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer, the DvM will align development activities with NAPW’s strategic priorities. The DvM will also work closely with Legal, Finance, and Communications teams and will take part in Board and senior management team meetings as required.
The DvM will provide coordination and management for the planning, implementation and evaluation of NAPW’s fundraising and development strategies as established in the annual budget. The ideal DvM is a results-oriented individual with strong project management skills and a strong comfort with a hands-on approach to fund development. The DvM will develop strategies to maximize foundation opportunities, cultivate new and ongoing individual donors, and identify and coordinate fundraising opportunities, including annual fundraising events, in addition to other opportunities like lectures, webinars, and smaller gatherings.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Developing fundraising strategies
· Grant identification, writing, reporting, and tracking
· Raising income and coordinating NAPW fundraising efforts and reporting
· Managing donor relations
· Be responsible for the fundraising budget.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university;
· 5-7 years of direct and consistent fundraising and grant writing experience, with demonstrated a track record of success;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; proposal writing, public speaking, with strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders; Be a strong strategic thinker;
· Financial acumen; superior organizational, time management, and project management skills, and an ability to multi-task;
· Ability to step into an active role immediately; proven ability to make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis;
· Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and travel as needed;
· Excellent relationship builder; able to communicate with firmness and warmth, and to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, humility, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders;
· Demonstrated alignment with NAPW’s mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
· Solid experience using Mac OS platform and equipment (NAPW is an 100% Mac environment);
· Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in a variety of Mac OS computer software applications, social media platforms, and databases (REQUIRED: MS Office Suite, Gmail, Zoom, Google Docs, Social Media apps);
· Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience (or trainability) in Mac OS platform Development/Donor management applications;
How To Apply
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE HIRE
REQUIRED SUBMISSIONS (MUST INCLUDE ALL ITEMS LISTED BELOW):
1. Cover Letter which must include all of the following elements:
a) Your personal and professional motivation for seeking this position.
b) A discussion of what makes you the ideal/best candidate for this position.
c) Explain how your skill sets and experience best demonstrate your strategic approach.
d) If relevant to you, the identities, perspectives, and experiences that you would bring to NAPW that are important to you and/or relevant to our work.
e) Indicate where you found this job announcement.
3. Three (3) professional references
INSTRUCTIONS: NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES PLEASE.All submissions must be sent via email only to: NAPWjobs@AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org with the subject line: NAPW Development Manager (April 2021)