The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is working to secure a healthy, growing economy by addressing America’s long-term fiscal challenges. The Foundation partners with leading policy experts, elected officials and the public to build support for solutions to put America on a sustainable fiscal path. As a non-partisan organization, the Foundation engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research to educate and involve Americans from a variety of perspectives.
Tackling complex fiscal issues and fostering meaningful action requires developing targeted, high impact grant investments. To be successful, the Foundation must leverage its resources to support education, research and analysis, and outreach to policymakers and the American public at large.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Grant Operations and the Manager, Grants Management, this position is a key contributor to the grantmaking function of the Foundation and the Peterson Center on Healthcare.
- Ensure consistent application of grant processes within grants department, from maintaining database of potential grantee and proposal application and pre-award stages through termination of grant
- Process and track all proposals and letters of inquiry
- Track grant modification requests, such as extensions, budget revisions, and carryovers
- Track grant deliverables
- Prepare correspondence and grant-related documentation
- Update and maintain records in grants database, and produce analytic reports on grant activity
- Provide assistance to grantees and staff regarding administration of grants
- Independently prepare and/or update presentations and flow charts
- Develop templates and design reports for the efficient and effective oversight of grants
- Coordinate with administrative and executive assistants to schedule/reschedule meetings; arrange group meetings
- Maintain grants department files
- Manage grants analysis and process improvement projects
- Support the department with back-end maintenance and development of grants database (currently Blackbaud Grantmaking/GIFTS Online)
- Interface with various departments on behalf of grants department to collect information, respond to requests, obtain service, etc.
- Provide miscellaneous support to Grants Management Senior Director and Manager
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with office technology; skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for use in analyzing and presenting data
- Experience using databases as a tool for effective operations and knowledge management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management/prioritization skills; ability to self-direct
- Solid judgment with outstanding attention to detail and follow-up
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively with colleagues and members of the department at all levels
- Experience with Blackbaud Grantmaking
- Experience working or interning with a nonprofit or philanthropic organization
- Bachelor’s degree
How To Apply
To apply, please send a brief letter summarizing your interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject header on the e-mail should be: “Analyst, Grant Operations.”