Our mission is to harness the power of research to ensure that all children benefit from early learning experiences that affirm their individual, family, and community assets, fortify them against harmful consequences arising from economic instability and social exclusion, and that strengthen their developmental potential. The effective fiscal management and regulatory compliance of our grant programs is critical to the achievement of our mission. Our internal operating culture can best be characterized as a “quick-paced”, solutions driven environment with a passion for excellence.
The Manager of Finance and Administration is a key position that reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation. This full-time position is accountable for overseeing all the foundation’s financial management activities. This includes ensuring effective financial policies, compliance with grant regulations, appropriate accounting controls, and monitoring all budgetary expenditures. In addition, this position is accountable for ensuring the effective flow and execution of all office administrative and project related activities.
- Analyzes a variety of financial information for the purpose of providing input and guidance that supports the overall Foundation’s decision-making process and budgetary management.
- Complies and maintains the appropriate data from a variety of sources to ensure regulatory compliance, comprehension and proper accounting of all grant transactions.
- Conducts required internal audits for the purpose of ensuring all program operations are within budget and in accordance with fiscal practices.
- Monitors budget allocations, expenditures, grant fund allocations and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring accurate forecasting, revenues projections and expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. annual budgets, financial statements, reports for the Board, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and/or providing supporting materials for requested actions.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget.
- Coordinates internal/external administrative projects other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of all administrative activities.· Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from staff, professional organizations and related stakeholders for the purpose of resolving administrative and fiscal problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of fiscal experience in philanthropy or in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent critical-thinking and analytical skills, especially for financial analysis and compliance reporting.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years in a supervisory/team leadership role.
- Understands people dynamics, builds constructive and effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
The Foundation is seeking an individual who can work successfully within a mission-driven organizational culture that requires adept handling of complex issues, creative thinking, effective problem solving, and a results-oriented mindset. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Thorough and accurate…attention to detail
- Is most comfortable in a cause-related culture
- Builds rapport easily
- Is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual
- Performs work with energy and drive
- Handles multiple projects seamlessly and efficiently
- Foresees roadblocks and prepares creative alternatives
- Sets priorities and meet deadlines
- Is attentive and listens to others
Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing their interest in and qualifications for this position, along with a resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
FCD is committed to the policy of equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity, religion, disability, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until August 31, 2016.