Tides is a values-based, social change platform that leverages individual and institutional leadership and investment to positively impact local and global communities. Tides pursues multiple, related strategies to promote this mission. From green nonprofit centers to programmatic consulting, donor advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides gives members of the nonprofit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change it wants to see. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Program Manager works independently and collaboratively with the Vice President, Community Initiatives and Tides staff to plan, manage and implement research and writing assignments, events coordination, social media outreach, community engagement, schedule/travel coordination and expense reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in program development and planning
· Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables
· Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes with regard to contractual and grant commitments
· Manage and coordinate events such as conferences and community based dialogues including managing logistical contractors.
· Host webinar conversations
· Develop publications, grant applications, and reports through collaborative writing and editing
· Manage relationships with contractors
· Identify opportunities for social media outreach and implement strategies to build community
· Develop Power Point presentations and other materials for use during program-related events
· Develop written and online tools for programmatic use including survey and evaluation tools
· Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners including representing Tides at community meetings
· Manage Vice President, Community Initiatives schedule and travel arrangements.
· Adhere to Tides administrative guidelines to support accurate expense report reconciliation for the Vice President, Community Initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Specific previous experiences and qualifications include:
· B.S. or higher degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
· Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
· Track record of grants and program management
· Creativity and innovation in assessing and identifying opportunities, partnerships, programs, and resource development. Ability to navigate competing interests and priorities to arrive at positive outcomes.
· Proven ability to create constructive partnerships among diverse constituencies; to build consensus, collaboration, and effective communication.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Strong sensitivity and commitment to cultural, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity.
Job Status: Part Time
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume must include a cover letter expressing your interest in working to support Tides and why you are qualified for this job. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Community Initiatives and Global Partnerships Program Manager [your name]. Applications without this exact email subject line will not be considered. No phone calls please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advice in writing of special needs at the time of application.