Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Our culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
The Program Officer, Grants provides grant support and oversight for the initiative teams within the Grants & Mission Investing department. They also manage a portfolio of grants and charitable activities that are outside the strategy of the initiatives but serve to advance Trinity’s work and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support & Oversight
- Provide expert advice and guidance to colleagues on all grant processing policies, procedures and practices.
- Identifies and flags areas of concern and engages with appropriate colleagues to enable a resolution.
- Manages the grants database, identifying potential improvements in technology or processes and coordinating with IT and external vendors as needed.
- Works with GMI program officers to ensure monitoring of grant implementation including tracking of deliverables; tracking of funds transfers to grantees; and providing regular status reports.
- Ensures compliance with IRS regulations and Trinity’s requirements for all grants and payments.
- Quantitatively reviews all interim and final grant reports. Identifies measures and stories of success and impact and flags areas of concern or challenge.
- Coordinates the preparation of all proposal docket material for the Vestry and Grants Committee meetings.
- Works with Director of Budget & Compliance to ensure budget and grant-making are aligned. Flags issues.
- Designs and manages grantee perception and engagement surveys.
- Manages the development, maintenance, and monitoring of grants-related web pages and notifies Communications of grants-related opportunities or concerns.
- Manages a portfolio of grants and charitable activities that are outside the strategy of the initiatives.
- Serves as program officer for these grants and the primary point of contact at Trinity for these grantees.
- Manages the process of review, disbursement and reporting for these grants.
- Identifies points of connection between these grantees and surfaces stories of success from these grants.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with grants database programs, ideally in a context of implementation or adaptation.
- Experience with grant-making and managing relationships with grantees.
- Experience with budget planning and management.
- Extremely detail orientated.
- Ability to identify issues of concern and the confidence to do so without fear or favor of seniority.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Maintains professional demeanor in all situations and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work in a mission/results-driven high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Flexible and able to work well with all levels of internal and external leadership and management as well as outside constituents.
Required and Preferred Education, Experience, and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience in a foundation or other grant-making context.
- Experience with grantees outside the US preferred.
How To Apply
Please apply at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers