The East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is one of the largest community development organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area. We opened our doors in 1975 with the development of an underutilized historic warehouse in Oakland’s Chinatown into the Asian Resource Center, a multi-service center housing nonprofit agencies, retail businesses, and medical facilities. Since then, we have developed 1,918 affordable homes and 316,000 square feet of commercial space in Oakland and the East Bay, investing more than $190 million in the community. Our properties include numerous Oakland landmarks, including Swan’s Marketplace, Preservation Park, and Hismen Hin-nu Terrace.EBALDC has long been committed to work that achieves true neighborhood change. Along with building and managing residential and commercial properties, we provide a range of services for our residents and community members, including benefits assistance, youth and senior programming, and volunteer tax assistance. Building on the success of these programs, EBALDC is one of the first community development organizations in the country to organize our work around the “social determinants of health,” which include food access, quality education, efficient public transit, a range of affordable housing options, job opportunities and financial stability, social supports, public safety, and a clean environment with safe, attractive recreational spaces. By impacting these interconnected factors, we aim to ensure that the neighborhoods where we work are vibrant and healthy places to live, learn, work, and play.
The Director of Fund Development (the Director) reports to the Executive Director and serves as a member of the senior management team.
- The Director provides leadership, strategic direction, oversight, coordination and priority setting in the areas of resource development and communications.
- The Director supervises the Grants Manager, Communications Manager and Development Assistant, and works extensively with the Volunteer Coordinator, and consultants as needed.
- The Director will forge and maintain new relationships to build EBALDC’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. EBALDC is a very stable organization with an annual budget for central office functions of $6 million for 2015. Most of our funding is raised by long-term contracts and fees for service.
- The Director has primary responsibility for raising contributed revenue for our social services and education programs. We currently average $1.4 million per year.
- The Director will manage relationships with funders, diversify and expand EBALDC’s opportunities to support our Healthy Neighborhoods Initiatives, after school programs, small business support and resident services.
- The Director is responsible for the solicitation of major gifts, government grants, corporate and foundation support.
- The Director is also responsible for the implementation of EBALDC’s Salesforce relationship management system.
- The Director works closely with the Board of Directors and supports Board Members to take on active fundraising roles.
- The Director serves as an ambassador for the organization and supports senior staff to build relationships to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization.
- The Director will implement EBALDC’s communications plan and have oversight of communications activities.
- The Director will partner with the Communications Manager to develop, integrate and implement a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
- The Director will supervise production of EBALDC’s marketing and communication materials including: an annual report, quarterly electronic newsletters, collateral material and other print publications; web, e-news social media and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing.
For the complete job posting and to apply for this position please go to –> http://www.ebaldc.org/job/director-fund-development