About East Bay Community Foundation:
Founded in 1928, the East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) mobilizes financial assets and community leadership to transform the lives of people in the East Bay. This means bringing together the financial resources and leadership capabilities of fund holders with those of government, business, private foundations, and community and nonprofit service providers in coordinated grantmaking efforts to positively affect social change. EBCF is committed to advancing a just East Bay, where all members of our community are treated fairly resulting in equitable opportunity and outcomes. In 2017, in partnership with our donors, EBCF granted more than $46 million to local nonprofit organizations and had charitable assets under management of $450 million. The Foundation plays a key role in identifying and solving challenges facing people in the East Bay to ensure that all communities across Contra Costa and Alameda Counties can thrive. To meet today’s social and economic challenges, in partnership with our donors, we are working toward a vision of an inclusive, fair, and just East Bay, where equitable outcomes are made possible by investing in leaders, organizations, and movements to create social, political, and economic opportunity. From donor-backed investments in nonprofit organizations to advocating and engaging in civic and social matters affecting regional policies, the East Bay Community Foundation is committed to ensuring that the East Bay is inclusive, fair, and just – for everyone. Learn more about the East Bay Community Foundation at ebcf.org.
The East Bay Community Foundation is adding a Vice President, Human Resources and Operations to the Foundation’s leadership team. This senior level position will lead the organization’s human resources and operations functions. The Vice President, Human Resources and Operations will develop and drive organizational effectiveness; support the CEO and members of the leadership team as a strategic partner; and manage the Director of Operations and Facilities
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
• Foster two-way communication between staff and leadership by developing internal communication channels, listening to staff and leading internal communication in conjunction with the Communications Team
• Support leadership in operationalizing new values and developing robust people practices that reinforce values
• Partner with leaders on workforce planning and staffing needs and provide guidance, coaching, and development to people managers in the Foundation
• Manage, evaluate, update, and report on a comprehensive compensation and benefits approach and plan for the Foundation
• Foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that enables all staff to contribute to the Foundation at their full potential
• Work with the leadership team to support organizational change
• Present regularly to the Board of Directors on the organization’s human resources and operations functions
• Develop, interpret, and implement policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations
• Monitor and ensure compliance with Foundation policies
• Evaluate the HR and Operations structure (including IT systems and building facilities) and team plan for efficiency, effectiveness, and service-orientation
• Provide guidance, support and supervision to the Director of Operations and Facilities
• Provide management, leadership and direction to the professional employer organization and outside consultants
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO
• Masters’ degree or equivalent; 12 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience •Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Human Capital Strategist Certificate (HCS) or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred
• Passion and commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values
• Experience applying a diversity, equity and inclusion lens to all aspects of an organization’s work
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of best practice and systems across all aspects of HR and Operations
• An understanding of effective staffing models to support growth and transition
• Experience serving on leadership teams and presenting to boards and committees
Compensation and Benefits: This position offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, in line with the field of philanthropy.
The East Bay Community Foundation does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law and is an employment-at-will company. EBCF is an equal-opportunity employer. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and list of three references (candidates will be notified in advance of any outreach to your references) to email@example.com on or before 5:00 p.m. PST on September 16, 2019. Use the subject line: VP of Human Resources and Operations. Submit Microsoft Word or PDF files only (one combined PDF file is preferred). Resume review begins immediately.