The California Health Care Foundation (CHCF) is dedicated to advancing meaningful, measurable improvements in the way the health care delivery system provides care to the people of California, particularly those with low incomes and those whose needs are not well served by the status quo. We work to ensure that people have access to the care they need, when they need it, at a price they can afford. CHCF’s work is oriented around three goals, each staffed by a team at the foundation:
- Improving access to coverage and care for low-income Californians
- Ensuring high-value care
- Laying the foundation for change
The engagement specialist for content strategy, creates, develops, and manages online content for a variety of purposes and digital channels: website, email campaigns, social media accounts, data-driven applications, infographics, and more. The successful candidate works collaboratively with the foundation’s program, web publishing, and communications staff to provide creative solutions and project management for publishing needs and to help implement content strategies. The position requires a wide range of skills and knowledge, including expert content management system experience, preferably WordPress; Google Analytics; web usability best practices; writing and editing; project management; and the ability to work effectively with individuals and teams.
Under the direction of the Engagement Officer/Managing Editor, this position is responsible for all phases in the online content lifecycle: developing new project requirements creating and editing text; coordinating the development of various web components; creating and managing material through the content management system (WordPress); and overseeing other contributors to maintain established conventions and to ensure quality standards across CHCF’s online presence.
- Creates content for CHCF’s website.
- Identifies and follows through on opportunities to growth edit existing content through social media promotion, or by repackaging or updating content.
- Coordinates with communications, editorial, and program staff to update content. Works closely with program and communications staff in the early stages of project development to help them understand the website and think about how it can best fit their needs.
- Collaborates with communications and web team on major initiatives to ensure the appropriate communication of messages on all digital channels.
- Acts as content owner and gatekeeper for CHCF web properties, identifying opportunities for new content, scoping content requirements, and working as part of a team to develop content strategies.
- Ensures organizational branding, voice, and tone are consistent throughout all CHCF’s digital channels.
- As super-user of the content management system, creates documentation and provides training and consultation to other editors on procedures and style conventions. Works with the technical team to optimize the use of the CMS to achieve engagement goals.
- Participates in review and testing process for email campaigns.
- Retrieves and analyzes website usage metrics and suggests new products and/or strategies based on user data.
- Working with Manager of Digital Communications and other web team members, helps to identify solutions to navigation, interface and functional issues as needed.
- Manages organization’s content development wiki.
- At least seven years practical real-world experience using the web as a communication medium, managing and developing content, publishing with WordPress or comparable CMS, and promoting the use of industry content development best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across many levels of an organization.
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates initiative.
- Proven excellence in writing, editing, and proofreading for the web with emphasis on tuning text and formatting for maximum search engine optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular focus on continuous process improvement.
- Familiarity with taking flat data to an interactive interface.
- Solid use of and knowledge of HTML, CSS, image editing, and video conversions.
- Experience assessing editorial/production needs for projects and matching resources to needs.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of health policy and health care industry is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. The foundation provides a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and long-term care insurance; a cafeteria plan; commuter checks or paid parking; employee assistance and wellness programs; educational assistance; paid time off; and retirement benefits.
To apply for a position at CHCF, please submit your interest via our online application system. Unless otherwise noted, we will accept resumes until a position is filled, and we will try to let you know the status of your application in a timely manner. Candidates passing the initial screen will be asked to submit writing samples prior to interviews.
The California Health Care Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.