Join more than 1,600 dedicated professionals who are working to transform education worldwide – one student at a time. Florida Virtual School (FLVS) was founded in 1997 as the country’s first statewide, Internet-based public high shcool and continues to be a nationally-recognized and award-winning e-Learning model. Our team develops, delivers, and supports Kindergarten-12th grade eLearning solutions to students all over Florida, the U.S. and the world.
The Executive Director of the Foundation of FLVS serves as a catalyst and leader for the Foundation and is accessible to the public, media, and the broader Foundation community. The Executive Director works with the Florida Virtual School Foundation Board in supporting the vision and strategic plan for all Foundation programs and initiatives. The Executive Director maintains key relationships and works collaboratively with the Florida Virtual School Board of Trustees, Florida Virtual School staff, and stakeholders. The Foundation was incorporated in June of 2010 and focuses on systemic public/private fundraising and investment strategies to improve education and learning.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Five years of successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising in the education or business sectors; or large business senior management experience
• Five years’ progressive experience leading, managing and/or supervising others
• Experience in strategic, high-level senior management responsibilities
• Desire extensive contacts in philanthropy, education industry, and education funding
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
• Location: Orlando VLC
• Frequency of travel: Monthly travel is required for meetings, trainings, and conferences; location may vary and may require overnight stays
• Light physical activities and efforts required working in an office environment (Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
FLVS does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Please note: relocation is not provided and candidates have to live in the State of Florida if hired.
Please note: If you have applied to this position within the last 6 (six) months, please do not re-apply.
Annual Salary: $ 90,000
Location: Orlando VLC At this time, FLVS is only considering candidates residing in the state of Florida.
Please apply directly to our website: http://jobs.flvs.net