Allegany is a non-profit organization inspired by the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany and is a member of Trinity Health. We award grants and build partnerships to achieve our vision that “the communities we serve will become ever more just, equitable, and caring; everyone in our communities will be welcomed and have the resources to thrive”. Our commitment to this vision means that an understanding – gained through professional or personal experience – of the communities we serve, especially communities who have been historically marginalized, is critical to this position’s success
Ideal candidates will connect deeply with Allegany’s mission, vision, and values. Team members at Allegany are characterized by integrity & caring, and are energized by a collaborative, shared leadership environment with multiple, quickly changing priorities. A successful VP of Operations will have comprehensive business administration knowledge and hands-on experience with organizational operations, budgets, & finances.
In addition, they will have strong conceptual, analytical, problem solving, & independent thinking skills; they’ll be nimble, resourceful, & responsible. Experience with non-profit or foundation/grant-making organizations is a plus. The expected starting annual salary range for this position is $95,000 to $110,000. To receive a Candidates’ Information Packet, including a detailed job description, summary of benefits, hiring process/timeline, and interview questions,
Email Eileen Coogan (she/hers) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please CLICK HERE to submit an application.
We welcome and encourage all qualified persons to apply. Equal employment opportunities and having a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive staff team are foundational to Allegany Franciscan Ministries. Employment opportunities are based upon capabilities and qualifications without regard to status including race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental ability, marital status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or military or veteran status, among others.
TRINITY HEALTH POSITION DESCRIPTION
Vice President of Operations
Department: Mission Health Ministry, Allegany Franciscan Ministries
FLSA: Exempt Reports To: President & CEO, Allegany Franciscan Ministries Grade: SO_TH_15
Approved By: President & CEO, Allegany Franciscan Ministries
Together with all Allegany Franciscan Ministries colleagues, the Vice President of Operations is responsible to support and promote the mission, vision, goals, and organizational culture of Allegany Franciscan Ministries. Leads, oversees, and manages administrative and communications functions, including operational planning and priority setting, human resources management, colleague engagement, events management, and communications for Allegany Franciscan Ministries. Oversees budget/forecast planning and coordination. Serves as liaison and systems coordinator with the President & CEO and staff team on operational and strategic issues and initiatives. Provides support and leadership to the board of directors, President & CEO, Trinity Health, and external key groups and individuals. Presents, integrates, and articulates strategic and operational plans, priorities, and directives.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health and Allegany Franciscan Ministries’ Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Establishes, manages, and oversees human resources, communications, and operational activities. Oversees, coordinates, and participates in the development and implementation of administrative and operational policies and procedures that support established goals, objectives, and mission.
3. Manages fiscal activities. Develops and manages 18-Month Rolling Forecast. Prepares forecast projections and plans; conducts cost analysis; and prepares expense and other statistical activity reports. Presents monthly numerous financial reports and indicators to Stewardship Committee of the board of directors. Directs activities of external accounting and auditing firms. Facilitates preparation of IRS Form 990. Approves and reconciles accounts payables; authorized to sign checks and approve ACH payments.
4. Serves as on-site human resources officer. Manages human resources and talent support activities. Manages hiring and performance review processes. Serves as primary liaison and resource with Trinity Health system office HR department. Coordinates preparation, completion and submission of data. Ensures that Allegany Franciscan Ministries’ colleagues have necessary human resources information. Identifies staff professional development needs and provides opportunities for talent development. Designs and implements orientation and onboarding for new colleagues.
5. Supervises, and provides guidance for the Administrative & Grants Services Coordinator. Oversees their job responsibilities.
6. Oversees daily operations of Allegany Franciscan Ministries worksite.
7. Responsible for vendor, lease, and other contract management. Establishes and maintains relationships, monitors contractual agreements, provides guidance, and resolves problems as needed.
8. Leads Allegany Franciscan Ministries’ staff team in ongoing organizational communication, strategic planning, colleague engagement initiatives, and internal team building. Leads and coordinates staff meetings and communications. Ensures plans and expectations are clearly articulated; prepares and disseminates key information following meetings. Designs and develops best practice approaches for effective internal organizational and regional activities. Identifies strategic opportunities/risks to equip, enable, and prepare staff team to implement activities and process changes. Supports general functions and culture.
9. Serves as organizational authority in the absence of the CEO, making decisions and directing staff as necessary.
10. Oversees internal and external communications including public relations. Develops, maintains, and implements a communication plan. Drafts press releases, articles, blogs, and other communication; guides staff, consultants, and volunteers in preparing communications. Collaborates on website development and maintenance, newsletter production, Constant Contact and social media messaging implemented by the Director of Grants and other colleagues. Ensures synchronization and delivery of messaging and communication.
11. Provides consultative support for President & CEO.
12. Develops and ensures understanding and compliance with Disaster and COOP plans.
13. Responds to legal inquiries in relation to Allegany Franciscan Ministries; serves as liaison with Trinity Health legal department. Ensures all legal requirements are met.
14. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures to ensure adherence in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS 1. Comprehensive knowledge of business administration, as normally obtained through a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in business administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ administrative, office or project management experience working in a non‐profit organization, preferably a foundation environment. 2. Significant knowledge of project management, change management, and process improvement methodologies. Ability to anticipate, develop, manage, and implement multiple projects and initiatives in a professional manner. Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and evaluating data. Possess advanced business and analytical skills to develop and implement new improved processes, policies, and procedures. 3. Strong financial, conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills. 4. High degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. 5. Strong interpersonal, consultative, and relationship building skills. Ability to influence results, garner support, and tactfully manage complex relationships and influences within and across the organization. Ability to read the subtle nuances of situations and react/plan accordingly. 6. Strong computer skills. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, spreadsheet design/utilization, technology apps and resources, and database software packages. Ability to communicate effectively with technology experts. 7. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all organizational levels. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Advanced interpersonal skills to communicate with leadership, outside stakeholders, and to resolve complex operational issues at all levels. Strong diplomatic skills to work with various and diverse groups, including board members and leadership committees. 8. Ability to provide supervision and mentoring to colleagues. 9. Comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Strong team participation and team building skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS 1. Able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to frequent changes. Able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful, with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles. 2. Able to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures. 3. Able to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects at the same period and adapt to interruptions. 4. Able to communicate frequently, in person, and through telephone and videoconference, with people in several different locations on key issues.
SALARY RANGE $95,000 -$110,000 with comprehensive benefits package. page 6 Allegany Franciscan Ministries Vice President of Operations Summary of Benefits
Note: This listing of benefits is intended to provide a summary of available benefits and does not constitute a guarantee.
In addition, benefits as set by Trinity Health may change especially during renewal periods. Specific information regarding benefits will be provided by Trinity Health Human Resources later in the process. •
The position is based at our Palm Harbor office (33920 US Highway 19 N, Suite 269, Palm Harbor, FL. Because of their responsibilities for facilities and technology, and supervising the Administrative & Grants Services coordinator, the VP of Operations is expected to be in the office at least part time. May be 100% in the office or split time working remotely; • Comfortable and generally quiet office environment including private office.
• Hours 8 am – 5 pm; flexibility is possible. Evenings and weekend work requirements are very rare. Significant autonomy in work day including time for family or other commitments. • Safe environment; all colleagues are required to be vaccinated against influenza and COVID-19; additional protocols are employed for the safety and wellness of colleagues, volunteers and partners. • Health care benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – colleague may select level of service. Includes family. Allegany Franciscan Ministries currently covers approximately 70% of insurance cost. • Dental insurance through Delta Dental for colleague & dependents – Allegany covers approximately half of insurance expense. • Vision insurance through United Health Care available for colleague to purchase for self and dependents. • Basic life insurance and AD&D at 1x salary is provided at no cost to colleague; with voluntary supplemental life insurance for colleague or spouse/children may be purchased. • Short and Long Term Disability • Matched 403(b) retirement savings plan through Fidelity. • Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs available • EAP through CareBridge • PTO, 7 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. The position will remain open until filled; our goal is to have the position filled by April 2022.