The Learning Policy Institute (LPI) conducts and communicates high-quality research to improve education policy and practice. LPI seeks to advance evidence-based policies that support empowering and equitable learning for each and every child. Non-profit and non-partisan, LPI connects policymakers and stakeholders at all levels with the evidence, ideas, and actions needed to strengthen the education system.
This is a new moment for public education in the United States. Our world is being transformed by new technologies, shifting demographics, and the demands of a global economy. This requires new learning that prepares all children with the problem-solving, critical-thinking, communication, and collaboration skills to solve the complicated problems and meet the complex challenges of our fast-paced, quickly changing world.
The Learning Policy Institute on is seeking a Director of Development to help create and build relationships with the organization’s dedicated funding partners. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will leverage existing relationships while building a pipeline of potential donors. The Director of Development will work collaboratively with teammates across the organization’s 55 full-time staff, working directly with the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer to maintain relationships with foundations already giving at the 7-figure level and ensuring those relationships are fostered and continue to flourish.
Specific requirements and responsibilities include:
- At least 10 years of experience in non-profit development with proven revenue results.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and steward long-term investor relationships that expand an investor base, increase revenue, and advance foundation goals.
- Record of soliciting and securing and 6- and 7-figure gifts; experience soliciting both annual and multi-year gifts is useful.
- Ability to communicate and establish a positive rapport with key C-level executives, experienced philanthropists, and charitable foundations.
- Record of partnering with senior leaders and Board members to meet revenue targets and to deepen stakeholder engagement in an organization.
- Experience and judgment necessary to make thoughtful decisions, seeking advice when needed, and ultimately taking ownership of those decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
How To Apply
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Learning Policy Institute. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.