ABOUT THE PHILADELPHIA FOUNDATION: One of America’s oldest community foundations (founded in 1918), The Philadelphia Foundation (TPF) is committed to improving the quality of life in the Pennsylvania counties of Greater Philadelphia (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia). A foundation and a public charity, TPF connects philanthropic resources to societal needs. TPF manages assets of approximately $370 million and more than 900 charitable funds established by its fund holders. It distributes about $25 million annually to nearly 1,000 nonprofits as grants and scholarships, and promotes greater philanthropy and stronger nonprofits in service to community needs. To learn more, visit www.philafound.org.
STATEMENT OF EMPLOYER EXPECTATION: Each employee of The Philadelphia Foundation (TPF) is expected to contribute directly to TPF’s growth and success by advancing its mission, strategy and priorities, while adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards; to perform job duties capably and in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration; and to uphold TPF’s core values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
The Donor Relations Associate is responsible for helping to carry out the Foundation’s objectives for asset development by providing support to the donor relations department in several primary areas: database management, fund administration, event execution, database management and reporting and scholarship administration. S/He is also responsible for representing the Foundation and providing quality services for fund donors, prospects and fund representatives.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the database management for all funds Manage gift receipt editing and review process
- Assist in the development and maintenance of donor/fund records, reports and profiles
- Assist with the preparation of reports and analysis on fund activity
- Participate in the execution of foundation events
- Participate in the development of on-going activities of the Women’s Philanthropy Network
- Manage the administration of Designated Scholarship funds
- Manage a portfolio of DAF donors
- Assist donors with donor service activities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of relationships with educational institutions and scholarship fund selection committees
- Develop and manage social media strategy to engage scholarship recipients
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in team-based planning strategies to enhance the administrative
- Processing of DAF grants and Scholarship grants
- Represent The Philadelphia Foundation at appropriate events
- Attend and participate in various professional educational and organizational events
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior professional experience in a fast-paced development, nonprofit or customer-service-related position;
- Commitment to customer service and ability to interact with wide range of people;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
- Proven critical-thinking skills and ability to work independently as well as within a team structure;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint and integrated database programs; and
- Ability to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.