The Lemelson Foundation uses the power of invention to improve lives.
The Lemelson Foundation is a private family foundation based in Portland, Oregon, with a unique focus on improving lives through invention. Established by prolific US inventor Jerome Lemelson and his wife Dorothy in the early 1990s, and guided today by the Lemelson family, The Lemelson Foundation has investment assets of around $370 million and an annual budget of approximately $18 million. All told, the Foundation has provided over $210 million in grants and other investments to hundreds of organizations around the world.
As a member of the senior leadership team, together with the Executive Director and Senior Director of Strategy, the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) plays a key role driving the Foundation’s overall success toward achieving its mission.
· Direct the Foundation’s financial operations, administrative operations, informational technology (IT), and program-related investments; provide investment oversight.
· Actively participate in the Foundation’s planning, management, strategic planning, strategy implementation, and external relationship management.
· Ensure that business practices are efficient and support the Foundation’s strategy, and that strong administrative systems enable the work of the Foundation and its employees.
· Serve as a thought leader in philanthropy field, particularly in area of Program Related Investments (PRI), contributing to the field and bringing best practices into the Foundation.
· Supervise the Director of Grants Management and the Finance and Grants Accountant.
· Partner with colleagues across the Foundation on projects related to strategy development and implementation, IT, as well as in support of setting the annual management and programmatic priorities of the Foundation.
The position is based in Portland, Oregon.
To read more about the opportunity and the ideal candidate, view the full position profile here: https://waldronhr.com/searches/lemelson-foundation-cfao
How To Apply
Qualifications and Experience
· Ten to fifteen years of senior operations leadership experience with a minimum of five years as a CFO (or equivalent responsibility) is required, preferably in a foundation with assets of $200M+.
· A broad business background working at a senior level across multiple functional areas such as financial planning, investment management, human resources, IT and operations is strongly desired.
· Experience in a senior financial management role working closely with executive staff and a board of directors is preferred.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to be an inspiring leader for the organization and its mission.
To Be Considered
An equal opportunity employer, The Lemelson Foundation is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. The Lemelson Foundation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. A current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role should be submitted through Waldron’s Candidate Web Portal, https://waldronhr.com/searches/lemelson-foundation-cfao