Founded in 1990, the N.C. Center for Nonprofits (www.ncnonprofits.org) works to enrich North Carolina’s communities and economy through a strong nonprofit sector and nonprofit voice. It serves as an information center on effective practices in nonprofit organizations, a statewide network for nonprofit board and staff members, and an advocate for the nonprofit sector as a whole. It is the leading voice for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations across the state. The Center’s 1,500+ Member nonprofits range from large universities to small, grassroots organizations. They work in every field, from the arts and education to science and economic development.
North Carolina Center for Nonprofits has launched the search for their next President & CEO. The board is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable and respected nonprofit leader who can lead this critically important organization through the evolution needed to help all NC nonprofits grow and thrive during this time of change. Based in Raleigh, North Carolina, this leader will work to build relationships with multiple stakeholders, members, funders and legislators, to drive the success of the Center and its 1500+ members. He/she will be active in all urban and rural areas of our state, and connect well with a diverse audience. It will be helpful for this leader to have firsthand knowledge of NC, its culture and politics or bring a willingness to dive in quickly to learn. The new CEO will be a strategic thinker who can work effectively with a strong board to develop the strategic plan that will guide the Center’s work and build on the 26-year legacy of the founder CEO. In addition, the new leader will be driving strategic internal changes in the organization to support and increase the impact of the Center on the success of the nonprofit sector across the state. Ideally, this leader will bring a track record of innovation and risk-taking.
▪ Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
▪ 5-10 years of leadership experience, preferably as a nonprofit Executive Director, CEO or Chief Staff Executive
▪ Experience with a statewide nonprofit desired
▪ Broad knowledge of the nonprofit sector as a whole
▪ Demonstrated interest in public policy
▪ Proven success in raising funds from foundations and corporations
▪ Sound fiscal management experience; including budget responsibility
▪ Demonstrated ability to relate and engage with a variety of stakeholders and external partners such as nonprofit and philanthropic organizations
▪ Ability to work both independently and effectively in collaboration with other stakeholders
▪ Experience building the operational efficiencies of an organization and accomplishing goals through managing staff and influencing others
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
▪ Ability to partner well with an engaged and committed board
Elinvar has been retained to conduct the search for this position. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7, 2016. Please include the organization and title in the subject line. NC Center for Nonprofits and Elinvar share a commitment for equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or marital status.