Founded in 2003, Redstone is a prominent social sector consulting firm and advisor to private foundations, nonprofit organizations, family offices, companies, and governments worldwide. Redstone works with clients, experts, and stakeholders to solve complex social problems and answer tough questions on poverty reduction, food security, education, health, climate and the environment.
Redstone is guided by three core values:
• To help leading organizations solve the world’s most urgent social problems
• To build a firm that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people
• To advance the field of philanthropy and social change
Redstone works with clients to assess, design, and execute strategies that make real progress on social change through partnerships, policy and politics, service delivery, impact investing, grantmaking, and research.
For example, in New York City, Redstone facilitated a collaboration of the city’s top food assistance providers to help bring 10 million pounds of new food to neighborhoods where it’s needed most. In Brazil, the firm assisted the Linden Trust for Conservation and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation to permanently preserve over 60 million hectares of critical Amazon habitat. Redstone also helped the International Planned Parenthood Federation double the number of annual services provided, reaching 137 million people, including some of the planet’s most disadvantaged and marginalized citizens. Redstone supported the design and launch of an initiative to eliminate textbook costs in degree programs at 38 community college, and Redstone helped guide and coordinate philanthropies through the Water Funder Initiative to develop their overall strategy to save the Colorado River.
Redstone has offices in Boulder, Colorado; Redwood City, California; and New York, New York. More information on Redstone is available at www.redstonestrategy.com.
Redstone partners with private foundations and non-profits around the world who aspire to tackle the world’s toughest social problems. Redstone is seeking an individual to join the firm who will advance the firm’s capacity and high-impact consulting practice. This is an opportunity for an established consulting leader to join a growing and dynamic firm with highly developed business and operating capabilities, a team of talented, ambitious consultants, and a reputation for delivering unparalleled quality in service and insight. The ideal candidate will enter the firm with a developed client network and a demonstrated capacity and interest to engage in business development and client service execution.
Ideally, the candidate will add to the firm’s topical and functional capabilities in areas such as public health, global development, economic mobility, education, and movement building as well as social impact engineering, social media communications and marketing, etc. The new Principal will expand Redstone’s representation with social change clients on the West Coast. The Principal will also join other senior colleagues in setting the strategic direction of the firm. The position is based in the Bay Area, but consideration will be given to other locations on the West Coast.
The firm makes every effort to provide an environment where individuals can sustainably achieve significant client impact while continuing to grow professionally and reach personal goals. Following are some professional standards around Redstone’s commitment to clients and one another that carry through their work and foster a sustainable workstyle. Redstone is committed to:
• Delivering extremely high-quality work that has real impact on the world, meets clients where they are, and is delivered on time.
• Trusting and helping one another to make decisions that fulfill our commitment to high-quality work and help us establish and maintain sustainable workstyles.
• Communicating transparently about our needs and values and working together to resolve instances where those needs or values are in conflict.
• Supporting each other’s professional and personal goals, recognizing that these may not always be perfectly aligned.
The Principal is expected to possess the experience and capacity to serve as a trusted advisor to high net-worth individuals, philanthropic boards and senior program leadership, and elected and appointed public sector officials who serve at all levels of government.
The candidate will ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
• Prior experience as a partner, principal or senior consultant with a top-tier business or social-impact consulting firm or experience in a senior leadership position with a philanthropic organization, nonprofit enterprise or public sector agency.
• Experience developing new analytical tools and insights to guide engagement with client interests in a diverse range of fields. Excellent written, verbal and public speaking communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to attract, develop and inspire future diverse leaders of the firm.
• Experience developing and negotiating substantial projects, and then managing the execution of projects in a timely manner and on budget.
• Experience building and facilitating partnerships, coalitions and initiatives.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to travel, including weekends and evening engagements when needed.
• Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship; ability to travel in both developed and developing countries.
• Bachelor’s degree required with an advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Passionately motivated to address social, economic and environmental issues and deeply committed to the values and mission of Redstone.
• Ability to inspire trust, to guide and facilitate complex discussions, and to move from ideas to action.
• The highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
• Commitment to collaboration and the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and an energetic and optimistic outlook on life.
How To Apply
Compensation at Redstone is among the best in non-profit consulting and competitive with private-sector firms. In addition to salary and bonus, Redstone offers an appealing benefits package.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format responding specifically to the experience and qualifications being sought to: Daniel Sherman, President, Explore Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to RSG/Principal in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Redstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.