ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits, and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity, and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the all-volunteer organization instituted many of philanthropy’s early gains in racial diversity. ABFE has since evolved into a fully staffed, influential network. In 2013, the organization shed its descriptor and adopted the simpler ABFE to reflect its broadening membership better. www.abfe.org
Provides critical administrative support to the Programs & Philanthropic Advising services and their various duties involving logistics, meeting scheduling, technology, financial administration, programmatic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide high-level support to the team, particularly the Director and Vice president, by proactively managing internal and external schedules, travel arrangements, meeting/event logistics, and report updates. Support to the full P/PAS team will vary.
• Responsible for administrative functions, including recording meeting notes, drafting documents, and developing methods to maintain files and records as assigned.
• Support establishment & execution of evaluation vehicles for on-going assessment of programs.
• Coordinates meetings and sets up necessary support technologies, reservations, etc.
• Process invoices, receipts and general expense items for programs (Director; Fellows; contractors; etc.), in partnership with Finance Department.
• Serve as liaison with communications and other departments as needed.
• Lead and support special projects or other departmental activities as assigned.
• Supports tracking of prospective client and active client deliverables.
• Support communications/social media activities
• Strong Commitment to ABFE’s vision and mission.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Results-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects
• Strategic thinker dedicated to achieving positive outcomes
• Ability to multitask
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Periodic travel as needed
• A Bachelor’s Degree, or 5 to 7 years of experience supporting Teams and Senior Management in a nonprofit setting.
• Strong database and proficient Microsoft skills
• Familiarization with database management
• Intermediate – advanced social media skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please, forward cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org