Philanthropy Together (PhT) is a global initiative to help giving circles grow and thrive. Our mission is to democratize and diversify philanthropy by bringing in hundreds of thousands more people into the collective giving movement by 2025: people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ people, those without wealth, youth, people in rural communities, religious minorities, various political affiliations and many, many more. We imagine a world where everybody is engaging in meaningful giving through robust conversations, and by building bridges with fellow givers & funding recipients to create change in the world.
Philanthropy Together is committed to creating a more just and equitable society. Our values are foundational to our work and are centered on diversity—specifically racial diversity—equity and inclusion. We also value trust, respect, and building strong relationships with our community; continuously learning and improving our work; and creating space for joy, fun, and passion.
The Program & Operations Coordinator is an integral part of the tight knit PhT team and is the front-line coordinator and program manager for all aspects of our programming with the hundreds of giving circles, networks, host institutions, and related organizations in the collective giving universe, and internal operations to ensure everything is running smoothly. Philanthropy Together is a fast-paced work environment anchored in a clear mission and set of objectives around the growth and deepening of the giving circle movement.
The preferred candidate sees no detail as too small in running PhT—from operations to team to programs to individual participants. They are solutions-oriented, love making things run smoothly, and have the humility and curiosity needed to connect authentically with others across traditional social boundaries–including geography, race, socio-economic status, religion, and generation–to help showcase and celebrate a wide range of perspectives and experiences found in giving circles. They are a quick study, eager to learn, and passionate about grassroots philanthropy, giving circles, and changing the face of the philanthropic sector.
The successful candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
- 2+ years program or operations experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including web, social, presentations, and research
- Experience coordinating events down to the smallest details of execution
- High Emotional IQ and service orientation to build authentic relationships with hundreds of people
- Experience with data tracking and database management (Microsoft Excel and Airtable a plus)
- Experience adapting to new web technology tools
- Possesses self motivation, drive, and ability to work independently, especially given the remote nature of the team
- Great sense of humor, ability to bring joy to the work, and passion for people, relationship building, and the power of our mission
- Committed to giving circles as a concept—mission, vision, values, and guiding principles
- Be open to seldom program and team related travel, and the occasional evening/weekend program
- Manage all aspects of technology for programs including Zoom registration, breakout rooms, recordings, user management, community webpage set-up, etc.
- Support on all program details, specifically for Launchpad and Communities of Practice: email communications, research, maintaining records, gathering information, updating presentations, merchandise logistics management, etc.
- Support on scheduling and calendaring across all programs and the entire team
- Support on resource documents, including updating templates, research on giving circles and networks, and posting to PhT’s Community Forum
- Develop and add branding to presentations across all programs and team needs
- Support on all aspects of We Give Summit, PhT’s annual field-wide convening
Record Keeping & Research
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for individuals, giving circles, and networks across all programs
- Conduct research about giving circles (both newly launched and existing), host organizations, and other trends in the philanthropic ecosystem
- Research nonprofits for our giving circle pop-up experiences
- Support the marketing team on writing blogs, social copy, etc. as needed
- Add new content and make updates to PhT’s WordPress-based website, and maintain/upload/engage with communications and marketing and press collateral
- Program-related communications updates, including application form changes and updates
Executive & Team Support
- Maintain executive director’s schedule, including calendaring meetings, rescheduling and creating weekly calendar snapshots to record notes.
- Support on accounting and finance related matters, including invoicing, coding, maintaining credit card information, etc.
- Maintain the team calendar and project management systems across all PhT programs and initiatives
- Routinely monitor organization-wide inboxes and respond in a timely manner
- Coordinate all logistics and details for fun team activities, lunches, retreats, etc.
How To Apply
Applications are requested by July 30, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis afterwards. Please submit a cover letter (sharing your experience/passion for giving circles and this role) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.