Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is a global leader in the protection of unaccompanied refugee and migrant children. Launched in 2008, KIND champions a world in which every child’s rights and well-being are protected throughout their journey to safety. Since 2008, KIND has accepted over 23,000 referrals of children seeking legal representation in their immigration proceedings. KIND has welcomed more than 41,000 attendees to trainings since its founding, cultivating partnerships with over 670 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations across the country.
KIND’s social services program ensures that migrant and refugee children – who have often endured trauma – receive counseling, educational support, medical care, and other comprehensive services.
To address the root causes of child migration from Central America and strengthen the protection of unaccompanied children, KIND advocates for policy changes and educates lawmakers, the media, and the broader public on the conditions that drive these children to flee their home countries. KIND supports children returning to their home countries by connecting them to essential support services and sponsors gender-based violence prevention programs in Central America to protect children in countries of origin and transit.
KIND is also building upon its expertise in the protection of unaccompanied children to encourage the development of pro bono initiatives across Europe in partnership with European NGOs.
KIND is seeking a motivated, organized, and passionate Digital Fundraising and Engagement Manager to support the growth of its individual giving program, as well as the meaningful digital engagement of donors across the organization’s revenue streams. The Manager serves as a member of the Development team and will report to the Director of Individual Giving and Events.
The Manager manages and oversees the growth of online fundraising programs and the digital aspects of other donor programs, executing effective strategies and techniques in email marketing, website promotions, and other digital channels. The Manager will provide coordinated leadership of digital fundraising and engagement activities, developing and implementing strategies to support fundraising across the organization.
This position is remote and can be based in any of the following KIND registered locations: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive digital fundraising and engagement program to aggressively grow annual support from donors with a giving level below $5,000, including sustainer giving. Collaborate with marketing agency to manage donor cultivation, renewal, and solicitation campaigns, monthly giving, donor acquisition and stewardship, digital advertising, and digital advocacy efforts as part of this program.
- Liaise with major gifts team to hand off qualified donors to major gifts portfolios.
- Create and execute donor conversion, retention, and upgrade strategies.
- Oversee regular audits of digital fundraising collateral to ensure evergreen content is continually monitored and refreshed to ensure the best digital user experience, as well as consistency, accuracy, and relevance of messaging.
- In collaboration with marketing agencies, develop email strategies, creative direction, and lead the implementation of email campaigns to drive fundraising and advocacy consistent with KIND’s brand.
- Provide programmatic information and materials to a marketing agency and oversee final product that is produced for digital communications related to fundraising campaigning.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and marketing agencies, including those focused on online fundraising and marketing efforts to ensure they are aligned with organizational objectives and agreed-upon deliverables.
- Develop a framework for tracking, evaluating, and optimizing campaign performance and engagement metrics and analyze and incorporate data into recommendations and plans.
- Compile and analyze data analytics to support decision-making in real-time and for longer-term sustainable growth along the donor pathway, including list growth and engagement as well as fundraising metrics.
- Identify strategy for use of donor segments and suppression lists to retain and upgrade donors.
- Focus on current best practices and new emerging fundraising and advocacy technologies, including online giving functionality, grassroots advocacy, email solicitations, social media, and crowdfunding.
- Provide input to income and expense budgets; review and approve vendor invoices.
- Other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors or advanced degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in digital fundraising at a non-profit or marketing agency; rapid response; email marketing; list building; writing and editing; and using data for decision making.
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated success in planning, developing, and delivering successful digital fundraising campaigns and project management.
- Experience using online tools, processes, and techniques for donor development, engagement, recruitment, retention, conversions, and list building.
- Experience managing relationships with vendors and success working in cross-departmental teams.
- Prior experience with CRMs, donation processing platforms, advocacy, and email marketing platforms. KIND’s’ ecosystem includes Salesforce, Engaging Networks, and WordPress. Experience in one or more of these platforms is preferred.
- Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a fast-paced team- and matrix-oriented working environment.
- Data-driven decision-maker who uses analytics and data to guide strategic decisions that align with digital goals, objectives, and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to message quickly and effectively, and in a manner that reflects a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion values.
- Strong project management skills.
- Networked in the nonprofit digital world of fundraising and advocacy.
- Proactive, flexible, creative, and thrives with ambitious performance goals.
- Excellent judgment and resourcefulness.
- Energetic self-starter with outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Familiarity with HTML, CCS, Google paid advertising, Facebook advertising campaigns, and graphic design are a plus.
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000 dependent on experience
KIND requires all staff be COVID vaccinated with the exception of those who have medical or religious beliefs exemptions.
Please be advised that an employment application will need to be submitted along with your resume and cover letter, in order to be considered for the desired role. https://supportkind.org/join-the-team/
KIND has an organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to create a work environment where everyone has a sense of belonging. Individuals from historically underrepresented or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.