Our Mission: Funders Together to End Homelessness will mobilize its members to utilize the voice, influence, and expertise of philanthropy in ways that will advance lasting solutions to ending homelessness, including addressing its underlying causes like structural and racial inequities, and helping create policies and systems that center people with lived expertise.
About Funders Together: Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We serve as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to end homelessness and move toward housing justice, and we support the field of philanthropy by providing critical learning and networking opportunities around best practices and innovation to ensure investments are maximized.
This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and leads the membership strategy and activities (recruitment, retention, and engagement) and programming strategy and development for the organization.
- Serve as a point of contact for members and keep apprised of their interest, activities, challenges, and work and find ways for Funders Together to support and advance their goals in a mutually beneficial way.
- Engage current members to deepen interactions with Funders Together and other members through member benefits and services. Support members by understanding their goals and objectives within Funders Together and for their community and customize support and resources based on member needs.
- Research and scope out information about members and other funders working in homelessness, housing, or intersectional issue areas. Develop and execute a recruitment strategy for new members and convert existing Basic Members (non-dues paying) to Full Members (dues-paying).
- Lead efforts to track, assess, and report on member engagement.
- Oversee and manage the onboarding and orientation process for new members.
- Manage the Membership and Programs Coordinator, who currently supports the membership renewal process and membership administrative tasks.
We conduct two signature in-person events a year (during COVID-19 this temporarily shifted to a virtual format, and in 2022 we anticipate doing hybrid events), 1-2 webinars every month, and 1-2 smaller funder calls per month.
- Create annual programming strategy that meets the interests of our members, share timely and emerging work in housing and homelessness, and pushes philanthropy to learn about and advance housing and racial justice.
- Design and execute programming, including webinars, funder calls, convenings/events, and other relationship and network-building activities.
- Develop partnerships with other national and regional philanthropy serving organizations (PSOs) to design joint programming and engage members across interest areas or geographic regions.
- In partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer, Director of Networks, and Director of Communications, develop and promote online resources (e.g. recommendations, case studies, blog posts) to guide and influence philanthropy.
- Conduct outreach to members to engage them to participate in programming, serve as speakers, and/or author content.
See more details about compensation and qualifications on Funders Together’s website: https://www.funderstogether.org/career_opportunity_director_of_membership_and_programs
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume as PDFs to Stephanie Chan, Chief Strategy Officer, at email@example.com with “Director of Membership and Programs, First and Last Name” in the subject line.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff. We encourage people with lived experience of homelessness and housing instability to apply.