ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the all-volunteer organization was credited with many of philanthropy’s early gains in diversity. It since has evolved into a fully staffed, influential network. In 2013, the organization shed its descriptor and adopted the simpler ABFE (ab-fee) to better reflect its broadening membership.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO and Chief of Staff, the Coordinator, Office of the President serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support to the President and Chief of Staff and oversees special projects. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must work well under pressure to manage a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide high-level support to the President & CEO and the Chief of Staff by proactively managing internal and external schedules, travel arrangements, meeting/event logistics, reporting updates, and reconciling credit card expenses and expense reports.
• Supports Senior Leadership Team meetings, Vice President Team meetings, and National Staff meetings by developing agendas, taking and filing minutes, recording action items, and completing the required follow-up with staff on action items.
• Assist the Chief of Staff with conducting research and analyzing data supporting projects and programs, e.g., business planning, implementing impact evaluation programs, and publishing field research.
• Support the President and Chief of Staff on special projects and initiatives and other organizational activities as assigned.
• Assist the President or Chief of Staff with drafting correspondence, creating PowerPoint and other presentations for both external and internal audiences.
• Work with the Chief of Staff to develop and implement organizational-wide staff development programs and other staff convenings, such as staff retreats.
• Lead the production of ABFE’s quarterly newsletter, including gathering articles from staff, formatting in Constant Contact, emailing staff, and soliciting feedback. 2
• In conjunction with ABFE’s Human Resources Consultant, assist with editing human resource communications content, including organization announcements, presentations, policies, forms, training material, job descriptions. • Assist with the hiring process, including scheduling interviews and onboarding.
• Participate in critical organizational committees such as the Human Resources Committee.
• Commitment to ABFE’s vision and mission demonstrated by previous work-related racial justice or social justice or lived experience.
• Demonstrated public speaking and writing skills to make presentations to internal and external audiences of varied backgrounds and disciplines.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for ABFE’s mission
• An in-depth understanding of the activities, priorities, and decision-making processes employed by a range of philanthropic entities. • Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Education/Experience Requirements
• BA degree or equivalent required and 5+ years of experience in a similar position in a nonprofit or Foundation.
• Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality, and self-motivation were necessary for success.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties, and skills. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. ABFE is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
ABFE is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates, please, forward cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com This position is currently remote but the candidate will need to be located in the DMV or NY Metro area. Salary is $56,000 to $62,000 for this opportunity