The James River Association (JRA) is seeking a full time Event Coordinator to be based at its headquarters office located in Rocketts Landing in Richmond, Virginia.
About the James River Association:
Founded in 1976, the James River Association (JRA) is the oldest and largest river conservation group in Virginia and the only organization solely dedicated to protecting and restoring the James River. JRA has offices in Richmond, Lynchburg, Williamsburg, and Scottsville, as well as the James River Ecology School on Presquile National Wildlife Refuge. JRA pursues its vision of a fully healthy James River that supports thriving communities by protecting the James River and connecting people to it. We work through four program areas based on a model of individual engagement – awareness, appreciation, action, and advocacy. JRA’s core values are: We are optimistic; We are catalysts; Credibility is our currency; and Community drives everything we do.
The James River Association (JRA) is seeking a dynamic Event Coordinator to join our team. This position will be responsible for coordinating and executing special events including Westover Lawn Party and Annual Meeting. This role will also lead the coordination of intimate donor cultivation events to support our ongoing efforts around our James Changer Campaign fundraising for capital projects in Richmond, Lynchburg, and Williamsburg. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with key staff and volunteers to facilitate long term planning, execution, logistics and follow up. This position will report to JRA’s Development Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing, and coordinating timelines for events.
- Providing logistical and operational support to the assigned events.
- Supporting all aspects of on-site coordination including vendors, volunteers, attendees, and staff.
- Assisting in post-events reconciliations with vendors, speakers, facilities, committees, etc.
- Working with internal and external marketing teams to assist with events communication and marketing.
- Preparing event materials, such as nametags, attendee lists, agendas, favors, donor packets and other supplies as needed.
- Providing support to Development Manager and Development Director with event committee meetings and correspondence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience coordinating special events (including live and silent auctions).
- Thorough proficiency with MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong customer service background.
- Experience working closely with volunteer committees.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Willingness to travel throughout watershed to execute events in JRA’s key markets.
- A high level of integrity and discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional composure.
- Special Event planning experience required.
- Knowledge of philanthropy and giving trends with at least 2-years of experience in this field.
- Experience working in a donor database.
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to resolve conflicts and help with troubleshooting.
- Good at problem solving, meeting deadlines and schedules, and ability to coordinate volunteer committees.
- Strong communications, analytical skills, teamwork, integrity, and reliability.
- Physical requirements – lift and carry a min. of 25 lbs.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver license.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with a generous and comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
James River Association
Attn: Kristen Miller
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates starting June 7, 2021. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.