The James River Association (JRA) is seeking a full time Accounting and Office Administrator to be based at its headquarters office located in Rocketts Landing in Richmond, Virginia.
About the James River Association:
Founded in 1976, JRA is the oldest and largest river conservation group in Virginia and the only organization solely dedicated to protecting and restoring the James River. JRA has offices in Richmond, Lynchburg, Williamsburg, and Scottsville, as well as the James River Ecology School on Presquile National Wildlife Refuge. JRA pursues its vision of a fully healthy James River that supports thriving communities by protecting the James River and connecting people to it. We work through four program areas based on a model of individual engagement – awareness, appreciation, action, and advocacy. JRA’s core values are: We are optimistic; We are catalysts; Credibility is our currency; and Community drives everything we do.
A successful candidate for the position of Accounting and Office Administrator will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and accustomed to working on multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrated project management abilities, and a personal interest in issues affecting the James River. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail oriented and flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively. This position will work on a hybrid schedule, performing work both at home and in the Richmond Office.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
● Assist with initial onboarding of new employees
● Manage biweekly payroll process using Paychex online payroll system
● Enter invoices/checks and record receipts/deposits into QuickBooks, including receipts from online payment processers (such as Stripe)
● Set up quarterly Board of Directors Meetings, including venue selection and board communications (generally with assistance from the Special Events Coordinator)
● Write Board of Director’s Meeting minutes and maintain board contact list
● Assist in maintaining finance records in orderly fashion
● Prepare and run detailed reports from QuickBooks
● Manage coding and recording of employee expenses charged on JRA credit cards
● General office management responsibilities to include: monitoring the main Richmond office phone line, distribute non-donation mail, purchasing office supplies to maintain proper stock levels and handle office equipment issues as they arise (postage meter, copier, phones)
● Assist Director of Operations with gathering of finance data for the annual audit
● Strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
● Experience with QuickBooks and/or Paychex a plus
● 2-4 years of relevant work experience
● Familiarity with Zoom and Google Workspace
● College degree
● Ability to communicate professionally in writing, on the telephone, and in person.
● Well-organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
● Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
● Ability to function effectively as part of a team, working collegially and professionally.
● Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
● Experience with donor databases a plus.
● Strong writing skills with attention to detail for spelling and punctuation.
Compensation and Benefits:
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with a generous and comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience, expected salary range $40,000-$45,000. Benefits include: 4 weeks of PTO, 11 paid holidays, 4% 401(k) match, fully paid employee only health and dental coverage, Life and LTD insurance. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to Gail Robinson, Director of Operations, at email@example.com or by mail to:
James River Association
Accounting and Office Administrator Search
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin by December 13, 2021. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.