Gateways Music Festival connects and supports professional classical musicians of African descent and enlightens and inspires communities through the power of performance.
The annual seven-day Gateways Music Festival celebrates the participation and contributions of classically-trained musicians of African descent through solo, chamber and orchestra performances in houses of worship, schools and other community locations throughout the host city. Over professional 100 musicians from around the United States participate in the Festival and perform for a diverse and multi-ethnic audience of nearly 10,000.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of the Gateways Music Festival’s fundraising activities, including the major gifts program, annual fund (individual), institutional giving, special events, planned giving and capital/endowment campaigns. The Director of Development reports to and works closely and in partnership with the Gateways President & Artistic Director. Additionally, the Director of Development works closely and in partnership with members of the Board of Directors in all fundraising activities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Takes lead on developing and executing Gateways Music Festival’s annual fundraising plan (individual and institutional) and budget for review and approval by the President & Artistic Director and Board of Director’s Development Committee.
• Identifies new individual donors and develops and executes a strategy for a large and sustained base of individual donors (Annual Fund).
• Identifies new major donors (above $10,000) and assists the President & Artistic Director in cultivating major donors, developing programs and strategies that maintain and grow relationships.
• Identifies institutional donor prospect list that will yield budgeted results.
• Write proposals for foundation, corporate and government grants and ensures timely and accurate reporting.
• Develops and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
• Works with other Gateways staff and supervises the work of Gateways grant writers and others supporting Gateways’ development activities.
Marketing & Communications
• Reviews and edits all external communications
• Manages Gateways fundraising database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Oversees the recording and acknowledgment of all gifts.
Board of Directors
• Maintains close working relationship with members of the Gateways Board of Directors.
• Supports the work of the Board of Director’s Development Committee.
• Serves as representative of Gateways Music Festival at various functions.
• Oversees the organization of special events.
Miscellaneous other duties as required for success of programs & events as assigned
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree; music-related degree required
- Experience: 4 years fund raising management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Knowledge of common fundraising software applications.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize and organize.
- Strong ability to network and make connections.
- Significant classical music background, (orchestra or chamber music preferred).
- Meticulous organizational skills, consistent attention to detail, proactive and effective communications.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software suite.
How To Apply
To apply, use the link below and enter Job Number 232981.