Minnesota Philanthropy Partners are The Saint Paul Foundation, Minnesota Community Foundation, F.R. Bigelow Foundation, Mardag Foundation and more than 2,000 charitable organizations and donor funds. Together we provide charitable and financial expertise, connections and services to help all people and communities in Minnesota thrive.
The philanthropic services team is the driving force behind growing and supporting our network of Minnesota philanthropists. Made up of experts from a variety of sectors, this energetic team works with individuals, organizations and financial and legal advisors to help them make a difference in Minnesota communities. The team provides a range of services – from estate planning support to the latest online tools for managing and tracking individual giving – and access to resources that help others be effective in their giving.
The gift planner generates increased charitable capital by cultivating referrals from professional advisors in the community and by identifying, cultivating and securing major and planned gifts from individuals and organizations in the community. This position is responsible for:
- providing expert counsel to internal and external stakeholders on planned giving strategies
- cultivating referrals from professional advisors by promoting the charitable vehicles and services of the Foundations
- identifying, cultivating, and closing major and planned gifts meeting established annual goals
- working with donors to understand their philanthropic goals and determine the appropriate charitable vehicles and services to support them
- working with nonprofit organizations on strategies to build their endowment funds.building awareness of the role of philanthropy in meeting the needs of the community through presentations to various professional groups and exhibits at professional advisor seminars and conferences
- demonstrating core organizational values in performing all duties
Position requirements include:
- bachelor’s degree and at least five years demonstrated success in broad range of fund-raising
- demonstrated knowledge of and experience with planned giving and charitable giving techniques including wills, trusts, and estate plans
- CFRE preferred
- demonstrated ability to work in dynamic environments that require effective flexibility to manage and balance multiple priorities
- ability to effectively listen, counsel and engage others for broader impact in the community
- outstanding judgment, strategic thinking and project management skills, history of and desire to think in new ways and successfully implementing projects from beginning to end
- confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies
- demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact, communicate, and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and with people from cultural backgrounds other than your own.
The work of our organization changes as we continuously seek to have greater impact. All of our team members must be flexible and able to adapt to short and long-term shifts in their job duties. Typical physical requirements for this position include ability to work at computer workstation in ergonomically correct environment and ability to travel for business activities such as meetings, trainings, and workshops in and out of the area.
Please apply by visiting our website at www.mnpartners.org/about_us/job_openings.We are committed to hiring individuals who contribute to the cultural diversity of our workplace. Our hiring decisions are guided by our equity value: embracing differences, seeking to eliminate racism and other forms of discrimination, and striving to create a workplace in which everyone matters.