With more than $1.5 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed $154 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
Reports To: Director of Gift Planning
The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for creating and executing fundraising strategies for the San Francisco Foundation’s annual fund called Bay Area Leads Fund (“The Fund”). This position will include soliciting an existing donor pool and identifying and soliciting new prospective donors. The position will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to develop and execute marketing strategies to raise the visibility of the fund. The position will also seek opportunities to engage the Foundation’s Board in the annual campaign.
Position Scope and Responsibilities:
The Annual Giving Officer requires excellent fundraising, research, organizational, and writing skills. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting prospect research;
- Developing and executing overall annual campaign plan;
- Analyzing donor pool to develop segmented fundraising strategies;
- Creating marketing plan including case for support, solicitation materials, ongoing communications, and updates;
- Soliciting significant contributions directly from prospects;
- Organizing and implementing stewardship and follow up strategies;
- Creating opportunities for Board Member involvement;
- Creating campaign metrics to measure progress of campaign;
- Reporting campaign progress to key staff and Board.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Competencies:
- 7-10 years of experience working on annual giving campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce as fundraising CRM.
- Solicitation skills.
- Strong communications skills.
Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a competitive benefits package.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
How To Apply