Enterprise is a national nonprofit on a mission to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging for all. To make that possible, we operate the only organization designed to address America’s affordable housing crisis from every angle: we develop and deploy programs and support community organizations on the ground; we advocate for policy on a nonpartisan basis at every level of government; we invest capital to build and preserve rental homes people can afford; and we own, operate and provide resident services for affordable communities. All so that people not only make rent, they build futures. With this end-to-end approach, 40 years of experience and thousands of local partners, Enterprise has built and preserved 793,000 affordable homes, invested $61 billion in communities and changed millions of lives.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package.
The Senior Program Director will oversee the Preservation Program of the Northern California Enterprise office that advances preservation – the acquisition and rehab of unsubsidized affordable housing – as a proven anti-displacement, community stabilization, and affordable housing strategy. This robust program encompasses: fostering and deepening partnerships and collaborations with a range of stakeholders (mission-oriented developers, philanthropic partners, local and regional governments, finance institutions, and advocacy organizations) to build the capacity of the field; designing preservation funding and finance tools with our capital team; providing technical assistance to support a range of preservation efforts from traditional deed-restricted rentals to community ownership models; crafting state and local preservation policies with our policy team; developing tools for public sector partners, mission-driven developers, community-based organizations and other practioners; and conducting research.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated, creative, effective team player eager to continue and improve existing Enterprise efforts and significantly expand the program to meet local affordable housing and community development goals. This position will manage a Fellow, consultants, and new staff pending funding. This position reports to the Senior Director.
- Oversee and direct the programmatic components of the Preservation program. Set forth a vision and goals and develop strategic priorities to elevate preservation.
- Shepherd Enterprise’s ongoing relationship-building and programmatic development aimed at increasing preservation capacity with affordable housing developers, community-based organizations, public agencies and residents.
- Facilitate conversations amongst a diverse group of stakeholders to help advance preservation of affordable housing and ensure low and moderate-income households in the region have resources when faced with housing insecurity.
- Manage Enterprise’s delivery of technical assistance to affordable housing developers, community-based organizations, residents, and public agencies.
- Lead and participate on local, regional and statewide collaborations to advance preservation, serve on various advisory councils and collaborative tables, and be available to stakeholders (public agencies, developers and community-based organizations) to provide input and critical commentary on preservation.
- Coordinate with national Enterprise colleagues as needed to advance a national Preservation Initiative.
- Create effective communication materials and be a skilled leader and communicator who is technically adept, action-oriented, and able to quickly and effectively solve problems.
- Shape research and policies.
- Manage staff and consultants as needed.
- 8 years of experience in relevant community development, public policy, government, nonprofit, or housing based human services experience; graduate degree may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Undergraduate degree. Graduate degree preferred.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: affordable housing development and/or finance, program design and delivery; training and technical assistance; research and report writing /communications; successful funding proposal writing and grant management
- Strong familiarity with the policies, funding sources, financial structure and process of affordable housing development
- Strong desire for and/or existing familiarity with affordable housing industry
- Experience with nonprofit organizational development and delivery of technical assistance desired
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to represent Enterprise in a variety of settings
- Experience successfully managing staff and consultants
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Sound judgement and ability to identify and analyze typical work situations and develop solutions
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage simultaneous projects
- Commitment to actively participate in team-oriented activities, builds relationships, and facilitate solutions
- Ability to operate independently under minimal supervision and successfully navigate new situations and environments
- Ability to travel upon occasion
- Strong commitment to Enterprise’s mission
How To Apply
Please apply in the company website