The Levi Strauss Foundation, founded in 1952, advances pioneering social change on the issues and events of our time. Its community partners across the globe reflect and bring to life Levi Strauss & Co.’s institutional values: originality, empathy, integrity, and courage. As a corporate foundation with family roots, it aims to take courageous risks in service of these values and strives for meaningful impact over the course of decades, with its core program areas focused on advancing social justice and improving the lives of apparel workers and the communities in which they live and work.
The Operations Manager for the Levi Strauss Foundation is essential to our success. In this role, you will play an important role in ensuring that Levi Strauss &Co.’s values are at the center of LSF’s operations. You will design and apply innovative operational management practices that create efficient program activities and effective grant-making.
In partnership with the Director of Operations and Communications/Controller, the Operations Manager is responsible for developing systems relating to grant-making, including but not limited to coordinating and tracking internal approval systems, managing disbursements, and reporting. This position will provide input and inform decisions regarding strategy and grant-making and will ensure that all operations within LSF are compliant with policies and practices that align with LSF’s mission. We are seeking an innovative and creative operational leader with excellent strategic, tactical, and project management skills.
About the Job
Operations and Grants Management:
- Develop, oversee and continually enhance the operational infrastructure, systems, and processes that ensure effective and efficient grant-making operations.
- Lead grants management platform migration to the new system.
- Manage systems to track distributions and develop projections to inform decision-making and strategy development.
- Oversee LSF’s grant vetting and disbursement system.
- Manage relationships with key vendors and consultants that support Operations.
- Create tools and workflows that enhance the work and effectiveness of LSF’s grant-makers and grantees.
- Provide coordination, tracking, and regular communication for grant-makers to ensure that pipeline and grant-making processes fulfill requirements.
- Prepare reports and analyses on LSF grants data for internal audiences (DE&I, HR, Corporate Affairs, etc. and external stakeholders.
- Participate in strategy discussions that impact grant-making, providing crucial perspectives on the operational implications of decisions, and promoting a culture of accountability and consistency.
- Develop and maintain a robust operations policies and procedures manual.
- Oversee the coordination of materials for board meetings.
- Manage product donations for key LSF grantees.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with LSF’s external accountants.
- Project-manage annual external audit process in partnership with Controller.
- Manage employee engagement budget in partnership with Community Affairs.
Communications and engagement:
- Contribute stories on LSF for Threads and Unzipped.
- Serve as a creative and dependable problem solver and thought partner to LSF team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience required
- Strategic, critical, and creative thinking skills – including the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into a coherent, vision, strategy, and plan.
- Current knowledge of developments in the NGO sector, philanthropy, corporate citizenship, and global social issues.
- Organized, meticulous, and timely in program implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Financial literacy to understand grant budgets and financial statements.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health, or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
The Company’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How To Apply
This is a hybrid role located in the Bay Area that includes working from the Levi Strauss office in San Francisco (Levi’s Plaza) two to three days per week.