LOCATION: Hybrid – No Relocation Assistance – this role is in San Francisco and requires 2-3 days in office and as required by team needs.
The Stuart Foundation is a family foundation dedicated to improving life outcomes for young people through education. We believe that public education is a public good that can energize communities, fuel the economy, and strengthen our democracy. Our work brings together and supports leaders and organizations across a wide spectrum of different backgrounds and life experiences, from immigrant parents to state system leaders, and from youth activists to superintendents of schools, to realize a vision where all young people experience a great education.
The Foundation has an asset base of $596 million, a current staff of 15, and makes charitable expenditures of approximately $22 million per year. While based in San Francisco, we work statewide in California as our primary focus. We also engage in specific, targeted activities in Washington State.
We value a strong, diverse team of people whose lived experience informs their relationship to social justice work and our collective liberation. Women, trans-and gender-nonconforming folks, queer people, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We acknowledge this list is incomplete and encourage you to apply if your lived experience informs your desire to be a part of a team focused on helping all of California’s adolescents, with their full diversity and assets, to thrive.
The position is Coordinator, Strategy, Partnerships & Learning. This position plays a central role in providing seamless workflow and administrative support for grantmaking and programmatic projects and reports to the Vice President of Strategy, Partnerships & Learning. We seek an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working both collaboratively and independently, can juggle multiple projects and priorities, appreciates the diversity and efforts of the communities the Foundation serves, is detail-minded, and is committed to excellent internal and external customer service.
· Creates, coordinates and monitors team workflow processes, schedules and deadlines with project management tools and dashboards.
· Builds and maintains strong and collaborative relationships with team members, Foundation staff, consultants and grantees; communicates effectively with a broad range of external stakeholders and partners, including education and nonprofit leaders, policy makers, foundation colleagues, and others.
· Performs administrative functions for grantmaking including, but not limited to, reviewing grant applications for completeness, processing funding requests, tracking grantee reports, entering grantee information into database, preparing and tracking grant agreements, and ensuring electronic grant files are complete. Reviews grant reports and summarizes with recommendations. Works with grants management team and grantees to problem-solve technical grantmaking issues.
· Keeps the Vice President informed of the status of grantmaking and other activities; is pro-active in anticipating issues and identifying decision points.
· Coordinates and provides logistical and operational support for meetings, conferences, and convenings, in the office and off-site, working closely with team members, operations staff, and external parties.
· Coordinates team materials and presentations for Board meetings; prepares and proofs documents, handouts, and charts; conducts research and prepares database reports.
· Supports internal and external meetings with correspondence, agenda planning, note-taking, timely follow-up; responsible for managing electronic filing systems for easy retrieval of materials.
· Manages the Vice President’s calendar and meeting schedule. Provides support for meetings including pulling organization history, critical data and coordinating with staff.
· Manages all travel arrangements, including transportation, hotel arrangements, directions, coordination with meeting attendees and other logistics; prepares expense reports for the VP.
· Maintains close connections with the President’s executive assistant in order to facilitate communications and decision-making among senior leadership.
· Provides back-up coverage for the Associate and other Foundation Ops/Admin Support Staff.
· Other duties as assigned to support the effective functioning of the team.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a program support or administrative position.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of delegation in MS Outlook. Proficient with a variety of virtual meeting platforms.
· Experience with Salesforce or another CRM platform and familiarity with database programs.
· Strong project management and organizational skills (Asana, MS Project, or other PM application knowledge a plus).
· Strategic, forward-looking, and learning mindsets are essential.
· Dexterity and comfort with a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
· Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Copy editing/proofreading skills desired.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
ATTRIBUTES AND QUALITIES FOR A GOOD FIT IN THE ROLE:
· Team Player – Our success is based on what we do together. While the content of the work focuses on processes, systems and data, the style of interaction we need in the role is human-centered from someone who genuinely enjoys and gets a lift from engaging diverse internal and external colleagues.
· Deliver Solidly with Creative Flexibility – The role is a linchpin for many other pieces of work in the organization, so a reassuring, dependable outlook is important while also enthusiastically and proactively problem-solving, pivoting, and finding solutions to things that will inevitably arise.
· Unflappable – Because we place a premium on partnerships as the way we work externally and because we provide critical support to organizations that carry a myriad of obligations to support young people, educators, and communities, our work can feel high intensity (ex. urgent, immediate, etc.); we need a person committed to following through even under pressure in periods of heightened responsiveness.
· Nimble – With a small overall team in the organization, this role will thrive via a desire to help execute projects that others are leading.
· Adaptive Learner – Being situated in the middle of key processes and relying upon multiple systems and tools to keep work flowing and accomplish goals, the role is best suited to someone who is curious about engaging, testing and learning multiple applications and digital platforms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY STATEMENT:
The Stuart Foundation is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE IF YOU JOIN US:
· 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability Insurance
· Employer Contribution to 403(b) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement
· Vacation Allowance, Holiday Allowance, and Sick Day Allowance
· Flexible Spending Account Program
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Employee Service Awards and Matched Gifts on Charitable Donations
SALARY AVAILABLE IF YOU JOIN US:
· Salary range begins at $82,000 based on experience
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line – Coordinator Position
Please refrain from direct inquiries or contacts with staff at the Foundation in order to maintain a consistent process of consideration for all candidates through the specified process of application submission.