The mission of San Francisco Parks Alliance (SFPA) is to inspire and promote civic engagement and philanthropy to protect, sustain, and enrich San Francisco parks, recreation, and green open spaces. SFPA supports the critical environmental functions parks serve while striving to ensure that they are accessible, beautiful, safe, clean, fun, and managed in a manner that makes them accountable, open, and welcoming to all. Inclusive Policy and Education is an essential part of SFPA’s mission. SFPA seeks to enhance public participation in the challenges and opportunities facing our park system and to grow our network of park supporters. SFPA partners with multiple government agencies including the Recreation and Parks Department, Port of San Francisco, and the Department of Public Works, as well as the Mayor, the Board of Supervisors, and other elected and appointed officials. SFPA engages in Stewardship and Volunteerism, especially by serving as the fiscal sponsor for more than 100 Park Partners – a wide array community organizations engaging in park improvement projects and programming that activates our park system. And SFPA engages the private sector in Philanthropy to support park improvements that strategically complement public investments.
Reporting directly to the Director of Philanthropy, the Development Operations Manager is a mid-level position in a team of five staff as well as consultants. The Development Operations Manager will serve as the lead staff on SFPA’s donor database and the commemorative park bench program. While this position is largely focused on internal development operations, it requires direct donor contact, especially via phone with bench program donors.
• Strengthen, maintain, and communicate organization-wide donor/CRM data-entry standards and protocols.
• Working with the Development Associate/database administrator, ensure that donor records are updated and corrected on a regular basis.
• Working with the development, finance, and park stewardship teams, ensure that donations are processed and acknowledged in a timely, professional, appropriate, and donor-centric manner.
• Produce monthly development dashboards and other fundraising reports as needed.
• Conduct research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
• Working with the development team, manage mailing lists for and track results of annual/membership appeals.
• In partnership with the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department, manage the commemorative park bench program.
• Support SFPA and SFRPD on a major capital campaign for San Francisco’s playgrounds: using Raiser’s Edge, track prospects, pledges, gifts, solicitations, etc.
• Manage SFPA’s relationships/contracts with hosting services and vendors such as: Blackbaud, Concourse Hosting, and Nonprofit Garden, LLC.
• Working with the development and finance teams, track department budget.
• Handle various administrative tasks associated with fundraising and support the Director of Philanthropy as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years minimum experience in nonprofit fundraising operations.
• High level of competency and experience in Raiser’s Edge, Luminate (Convio), Research Point/Target Analytics, Google products/platform, and common office software platforms required. HTML proficient.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent phone manner and “customer-service” skills.
• High level of discretion and understanding of confidentiality.
• Priority will be given to candidates who are familiar with San Francisco’s neighborhoods and parks.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Detail and systems-oriented
• Strategic thinker
• Interpersonal skills
• Interest in SFPA’s mission and parks
• Continuous learner
• Independent worker
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com in a single PDF document with “Development Operations Manager (last name)” in the subject title. This is a full-time non-exempt position reporting directly to the Director of Philanthropy, with generous vacation and sick time policies, and participation in 125 Cafeteria and 401(k) plans.
San Francisco Parks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color and other minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.