The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Director, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement implements fundraising strategies that generate revenue in support of the Foundation’s mission including, but not limited to, special events, corporate/foundation and major & individual giving. The Director partners with the Executive Director, leadership volunteers and committees to influence growth and drive success. The Director will implement best practices and cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Lead and implement California Wine Classic, the chapter’s largest fundraising event raising over $525,000 including Committee recruitment, engagement and management.
• Overall support for the special events budget for the chapter including other Special Events TBD
• Analyze and improve existing events by ensuring best practices are implemented.
• Recruit and influence volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising strategies that lead to revenue growth.
• Partner with Executive Director in the execution of corporate/foundation/individual giving initiatives including identifying, cultivating and stewarding corporate and major giving prospects and donors.
• Prepare and manage event budgets (income and expense) and work plan (with timeline and deliverables) for the successful completion of fundraising events, programs and activities.
• Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director.
• Conduct planning and evaluative meetings with Executive Director and assigned volunteers relative to each fundraising event, program and activity.
• Assist with the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations.
• Oversee the production of all collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities.
• Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably with a health-related organization.
• Demonstrated success in the recruitment, engagement, and cultivation of high-impact volunteers.
• Demonstrated track record in committee development within fundraising campaigns.
• Strong leadership skills in volunteer engagement.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with public speaking ability that will inspire and motivate others.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to teach, mentor and coach volunteers to achieve results.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors.
• Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Proficiency in database management software
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.