At the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation), we envision diverse, dynamic Bay Area Jewish communities, deeply engaged in Jewish life and doing good locally, in Israel, and around the world. We create opportunities for people in the Bay Area to connect with and contribute to their communities. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), tzedek (pursuing justice), and tikkun olam (repairing the world).
Together, our community is shaping Jewish life in the Bay Area by focusing on three main priorities. First, we’re working to foster and facilitate more impactful philanthropy. Second, we’re working to ensure security and resilience for local Jewish families. And third, we’re engaging the next generation of Bay Area Jews, so they too can find connection and meaning in the values and traditions of Judaism.
The Federation seeks highly motivated individuals with a variety of skill sets to build the next generation of Federation engagement. We are especially interested in forward-thinking, collaborative, and open-minded candidates who are willing to take risks, possess a high level of integrity, and model a positive attitude that inspires confidence.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns that promote the Federation’s services, enhance brand awareness within the digital space, as well as drive website traffic and acquire leads/donors. This role oversees all aspects of the Federation’s digital marketing strategy, including setting organizational goals, policies, procedures, workflows, and evaluation metrics that ensure the Federation is efficient and successful in its online marketing efforts.
The Digital Marketing Manager identifies and evaluates new digital technologies and uses web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media, and display and search advertising. This position serves as an internal expert and advisor, as well as the primary point of contact
for all departments within the Federation, to consult on strategies that maximize the impact of online
marketing tools and approaches.
This role does not have managerial responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Execute all aspects of digital marketing, including email, web, advertising, and social media campaigns.
- Direct strategy and administer Federation-owned social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Manage the design, production, scheduling, distribution, and analysis of digital marketing campaigns for all internal departments, which include email, social media, and paid advertising.
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications team to develop digital campaigns and targeted online outreach efforts, identifying engagement opportunities, and project plans that encourage the continuum of interaction with online audiences.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external consultants to support cross-departmental cultivation of donor engagement and retention by advising on and executing tactics that promote short- and long-term objectives. This includes email acquisition, website traffic analysis, and social media outreach.
- Proofread, design, and build emails that relay and ensure brand clarity and voice.
- In partnership with the content marketer, curate, draft, and edit engaging online content including videos and images, and promote across a variety of online platforms.
- Recommend, plan, and manage paid social media and display and search advertising strategies and budgets.
- Perform quality assurance for digital collateral — testing links, proofing, attaching pre-approved lists, and checking renderings.
- Develop digital marketing toolkits for partner marketing efforts.
- Prioritize projects, coordinate production timelines, secure deadlines, and work with internal departments to ensure timely deliverables.
- Advise on the marketing department’s efforts to brand, design, develop, and implement site surveys, online promotions, and online outreach initiatives.
- Create social media guidelines and standards for best practices; provide tools to content creators across the organization.
- Train and mentor staff across the organization to improve social media integration and usage.
- Develop, evaluate, and oversee implementation of A/B testing protocol and procedures.
- Manage consultants and vendors on digital marketing-related projects.
- Track and report on metrics and KPIs across all online properties and help identify patterns in data and online constituent behavior to inform marketing strategy; communicate performance to marketing team and to broader organization.
- Keep a constant pulse on industry trends, with an eye on the digital landscape.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT
- 5 years of digital marketing experience, including the development and execution of successful integrated digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience producing and developing digital social media content including writing and editing, creating visuals, and formatting HTML e-mail templates.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES)
- Thorough knowledge of social media channels, metrics, and best practices of different platforms such as Sprout Social.
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact, Canva, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, and UTM tags ; advanced knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, email marketing, lead generation, and SEO.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to write clear compelling content and use storytelling to build online engagement.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details to both non-technical and IT staff.
- Resourcefulness and resilience; ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with high attention to detail.
- Creative, strategic, and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Forward-thinker and self-motivator with strong project management skills.
- Interest in the Bay Area Jewish community, Jewish holidays, traditions, and customs preferred.
Compensation range: $70,000 – $90,000
How To Apply
For additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits — medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan.
Please note that the Federation requires COVID-19 vaccination for new hires, and is planning a hybrid work model of working two days a week in our office.