At the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation), we envision diverse, dynamic Bay Area Jewish communities, deeply engaged in Jewish life and doing good locally, in Israel, and around the world. We create opportunities for people in the Bay Area to connect with and contribute to their communities. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), tzedek (pursuing justice), and tikkun olam (repairing the world)
PJ Library® Bay Area, a family engagement program of the Federation, provides a shared family experience where both parents and children learn about Jewish values, traditions, and holidays through stories, music, and activities. PJ Library Bay Area has a growing team of PJ Library Parent Connectors who build authentic peer-to-peer relationships and community with Jewish families raising young children throughout the Bay Area.
PJ Library Bay Area is seeking a PJ Library Regional Parent Connector in San Francisco to engage with Jewish families and build relationships with families of young children, birth through six years old. The PJ Library Regional Parent Connector will build intentional affinity spaces celebrating our diverse Jewish culture and providing resources and community experiences that are of interest to families in the community.
The PJ Library Regional Parent Connector for San Francisco is a 10 hour a week position with a monthly budget for programming expenses and is expected to be employed for one year (with the possibility of renewal). Candidates must be a parent of at least one child under the age of six years old and live in the city of San Francisco.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Create and maintain meaningful relationships with under-connected Jewish families in San Francisco
- Build a network of families who participate in Jewish experiences together, and help each other along in their Jewish journey
- Meet individually with new families for 1:1 meet-ups on a regular basis
- Connect small groups of 2-3 families together monthly
- Host or participate in a gathering for 5+ families together on a regular basis, ideally every two months
- Identify and mentor parent leaders for monthly parent-led friendship groups based on affinity/interest within the region
- Participate in onboarding training and weekly check-in calls with Director of PJ Library Bay Area
- Actively enroll new families to PJ Library each month
- Assist in marketing PJ Library and PJ Library Bay Area and community events for diverse families with young families by engaging directly with PJ Library Bay Area social media, posting in a Facebook group, and other social media outlets
- Closely track and report on each Jewish family connection made
- Attend specified professional development opportunities offered throughout the year
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT
Bachelor’s degree preferred
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES)
- Background in family engagement, or education is helpful
- Knowledge and appreciation of diversity within our Jewish community
- An excellent communicator, verbally and in writing
- Strong people skills and is a collaborator
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet objectives and performance standards
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and needs
- Having a growth and learning mindset
- Demonstrates an initiative-taking and consistent approach to performing all job functions
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
The Federation requires COVID-19 vaccination for new hires and is planning a hybrid work model of currently working one day a week in our office. Read Our Commitment to Diversity to learn more.