About the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation
We believe in the best of Minnesota and the power of its communities. With roots in Saint Paul and partners across the state, we are Minnesota’s largest community foundation and the partner of choice for thousands of donors, nonprofits and community organizations. We inspire generosity
to make Minnesota better for all who call it home..
Our collaborative, innovative and equity driven culture empowers our staff to grow through individual development opportunities, team retreats and cross-departmental partnerships. We continue to evolve our culture by attracting and retaining new talent with valuable experiences and insight.
About the Department:
The Philanthropic Services team is the driving force behind growing and supporting our network of
Minnesota philanthropists. Made up of experts from a variety of sectors, this energetic team works
with individuals, organizations and financial and legal advisors to help them make a difference in
Minnesota communities. The team provides a range of services—from estate planning support to
the latest online tools for managing and tracking individual giving—and access to resources that help others be effective in their giving.
This position is responsible for:
• Growing and stewarding relationships with a significant portfolio of donors and fund holders, such that there is increased engagement in the Foundation and the community as well as increased current and planned giving.
• Working with current and prospective donors and fund holders and their families or organizations to understand their philanthropic goals and to connect them with appropriate charitable vehicles, engagement opportunities and/or nonprofit organizations.
• Soliciting referrals from current donors and fund holders for prospective donors and fund holders and cultivating and soliciting those referrals as appropriate.
• Participating in the development and implementation of annual strategies to achieve strategic plan goals and outcomes.
• Coordinating efforts to inform and engage donors through events and communications.
• Facilitating introductions and relationships between donors and Foundation staff, other donors, community leaders and/or area nonprofits.
• Demonstrating core organizational values in performing all duties.
Position requirements include:
• At least five years of successful experience in relationship management, development, donor relations, philanthropy or a related field. Experience with planned giving tools (wills, trusts, estate plans, etc.) and gifts of non-cash assets a plus.
• Experience creating strategies and action plans to accomplish organizational goals.
• Knowledge of the nonprofit community in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota.
• Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal/written communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and balance multiple priorities in dynamic environments while also meeting organizational deadlines.
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Event planning experience a plus.
• Confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact, communicate and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and with people from cultural backgrounds other than your own.
How To Apply
We kindly ask that you include a cover letter with your resume submission.