The Greater Tacoma Community Foundation (GTCF) is seeking a strategic, community-focused leader to grow our philanthropic impact in Pierce County. You will be working with our community foundation leadership team to develop and support partnerships, programs, funding, and initiatives that are informed by community voice and help build a stronger community.
WHO WE ARE
Strengthening our community by fostering generosity and connecting people who care with causes that matter.
Pierce County is a thriving, engaged, and caring community.
We are guided by these values as we engage, strengthen, and invest in the Pierce County community.
- Integrity: We maintain a reputation of trust and stewardship through an honest, accountable, and transparent approach in all of our relationships.
- Leadership: We value the diverse experience of all community members and takes time to listen and learn from others to inform and guide our work.
- Innovation: We are committed to creative thinking, excellence, and the development of new philanthropic approaches to create positive change.
- Collaboration: We believe that building effective relationships and working with others for positive impact leads to more powerful and lasting solutions.
You will be joining a team that invests in authentic communication and collaboration to achieve our mission. We model with each other our organizational values and beliefs and recognize that how we work together has as much impact as what we accomplish. We look forward to you sharing your vision and passion with us.
You will lead the Community Impact team to identify, design and champion strategic programs and initiatives that create connections and investments in our community that move us toward our vision for a thriving, engaged Pierce County.
You will represent GTCF in the community, listening and learning, ensuring the right voices are at the table, and serving as a trusted friend and advisor to community partners, civic leaders and other stakeholders who will help move our collective work ahead.
You will lead our work on:
- Census 2020
- Youth Philanthropy
- Empowering Women and Girls
- Impact Investing in Community
- Engaging Learning Communities
- Resource Strategy
- Leading through Capacity Building
Internally, you will work as a close and valued colleague with the rest of the leadership team, including our President and CEO, to advance the foundation’s mission, lead with our values, and steward our culture. You will set the strategic vision for program initiatives and investments, manage a highly talented staff and be responsible for hiring staff over time; coaching, mentoring and developing your team to do their best work.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To join our team, you will be a highly motivated and entrepreneurial professional who possesses the following knowledge, skills, abilities and other attributes:
You will be:
- An excellent, clear communicator
- A passionate champion for Pierce County
- A strategic, forward thinker
- An adaptive leader and manager
- An active listener and continuous learner
- A collaborator and connector
- A facilitator
- A systems thinker
- Relational – able to build relationships will all community stakeholders
- A voice amplifier – able to elevate and incorporate voices across the community, particularly those who aren’t often at the table or heard
You will have:
- Humble gravitas
- A growth mindset
- The highest level of integrity and ethics
- Superior management skills
- A lived experience aligned with GTCF’s values and beliefs, including a deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- An approachable manner
- The ability to lead and balance short- and long-term work
- A high tolerance for ambiguity
- Familiarity with philanthropy and community foundations
- Familiarity with Pierce County, its community, its networks and its resources OR the ability to learn and build relationships and networks quickly
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum level of 10 years in a leadership and/or managerial role, preferably with philanthropy, program or non-profit management
- A sense of humor
How To Apply
We have retained The Giving Practice to support our search for this position. If you believe you are the right match for this opportunity, please apply by uploading your cover letter and resume to our online application portal. In your cover letter, please tell us why you are the right person for this job. If you have any issues with submitting your application, please contact Dawn Chirwa of The Giving Practice at TGPsearch@philanthropynw.org.
You may also recommend individuals for this position by submitting names and any supporting materials to Dawn Chirwa at the email address above.