About the Organization
Founded in 1988 and based in Virginia, the Weissberg Foundation is a family foundation deeply rooted in the vision, values, and experience of its founder, Marvin Weissberg. The Foundation supports organizations and efforts building power of those most negatively impacted by racism. We envision a world that recognizes inequities and actively seeks to dismantle structural racism by continuously building access, opportunity, and power so that all can thrive. As the Foundation prepares to significantly expand its philanthropy throughout Virginia, we commit to:
· Building power of those most negatively impacted by racism as the central path to transforming systems.
· Proactively messaging the benefits of racial equity and justice while combatting disinformation, misinformation, and extremism.
· Racial wealth building and working towards acknowledgement, apology, atonement, and repair of the generational harms caused by structural racism.
· Identifying and combatting structural racism in electoral processes.
· Activating 100% of assets for racial equity and justice.
About the Opportunity
Do you enjoy supporting the effective operations of social justice-oriented organizations and individuals? We are looking for a self-starting, detail-oriented Operations Associate with exceptional administrative, systems, planning, and project and data management skills. The position will report to the Director of Operations and will play a critical administrative and systems support role at the Foundation. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Administrative duties such as setting appointments, arranging meetings, coordinating conference attendance and travel arrangements, and managing calendars.
· Maintain grants management systems by updating and entering data and tracking reports.
· Support board and committee meetings by taking minutes and helping to compile board packages.
· Maintain office equipment and coordinating maintenance with vendors.
· Ensure office space, supplies, food/catering, and IT resources are prepared for internal events, meetings, trainings, and retreats.
· Monitor/escalate technology help-desk tickets and assist users with technology needs.
Key Skills and Experiences
The Operations Associate role is ideal for a mission driven, equity focused person who is self-motivated and highly organized. Specific qualifications include:
● Deep and abiding belief in racial and social justice; alignment with Foundation values of listening and learning, racial equity and justice, and building power and community; and commitment to building and maintaining an antiracist organization and culture.
● Open-mindedness and willingness to have candid conversations around race and racial justice
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications including SharePoint
● Bookkeeping experience
● High-level administrative capacity with attention to detail, initiative, and follow-through
● Capacity to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
● Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly
● Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team, and work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, and vendors
● 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
● Comfort with organizational change and ability to exercise patience and flexibility as the Foundation grows and continues its commitment to ongoing learning
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is $70,000 plus benefits consistent with the culture of collective care we are building:
· 100% of employee premium for medical/dental/vision insurance paid by employer + short-term disability and life insurance
· 4-day work week
o 15 vacation days, 10 sick days
o 10 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, and annual office closure the last week of the year
o 16 weeks of paid family leave, 3-month paid sabbatical after 5 years
· 6% employer contribution to 401K plan
· Employee Assistance Program and monthly wellness and cellphone/Wi-Fi reimbursements
Location & Work Environment
This is a full-time exempt position reporting in-person to the Northern Virginia office (Tysons Corner) 3 days a week with 1 day remote. Occasional travel throughout Virginia is required for staff and weekend board meetings. Staff is required to be vaccinated for COVID unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or for a sincerely held religious belief.
Please email a resume and cover letter describing your mission-alignment and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Operations Associate. All applications are due by Friday, December 2nd.
Weissberg Foundation is committed to having a diverse staff and as such we strongly encourage applications from people of color, members of LGBTQIA+ and gender non-conforming communities, people with disabilities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply. Weissberg Foundation does not discriminate against any person or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, U.S. Veteran status, criminal record, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.