CGRE brings funders together to multiply their impact in protecting and advancing gender and reproductive equity in the United States.
With a $100 million impact strategy, the Collaborative for Gender + Reproductive Equity (CGRE) has the potential to reshape the landscape of gender and reproductive equity and set the conditions for national progress. Women across a full range of identities and experiences are at the forefront of major events shaping this country, yet their rights and priorities are largely ignored or attacked. We know that women, especially low-income women, women of color, trans and gender non-conforming people, face pervasive systemic barriers that limit their advancement. In this critical time, we see immense opportunity to work proactively, creatively, and collaboratively to support women’s leadership in turning the tide.
Recognizing that gender and reproductive equity are inextricably linked, we work to ensure that all women have the knowledge and resources they need to shape their own lives. With a focus on women of color and women in low-income communities, we work both proactively and reactively – taking risks, testing new approaches, and embracing innovation as we respond to current crises and support forward-looking strategies.
CGRE is a small, fully-virtual organization, fiscally-sponsored by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA). Learn more at https://cgre.org/.
The Grants + Data Associate will have built systems from the ground up; be excited to do so again; and be eager to work alongside a highly-engaged, collaborative team. The Associate will excel at both the art and science of data management, from its most detailed entry demands to its most revelatory visualization and storytelling possibilities. The Associate will be profoundly committed to gender and reproductive equity.
This new role will support CGRE’s grantmaking process: creating and maintaining information management and communication systems, and supporting learning activities, including those with current and potential funders. The Associate will report to a senior member of the Program Team and provide support to other team members, as needed.
- Devise and coordinate processes (including workflows, notifications, timelines) for managing grant applications throughout the entire grant cycle.
- Compile and input all materials (e.g., applications, reports, grant agreements, amendments) required throughout the grant cycle, coordinating through multiple platforms and systems, including Salesforce, Fluxx, Excel, Google Drive, and Box.
- Review current and potential grantee submissions to ensure compliance with RPA, CGRE, and IRS application and reporting requirements.
- Handle communication with current and potential grantees on applications, reports, and other matters related to grants management.
- Liaise with RPA throughout the grant cycle.
- Support the Program Team in grants docket preparation, including research on potential grantees and aligned funders, and drafting Program and Advisory Committee materials.
Data/Knowledge Management + Learning
- Devise and manage centralized document-sharing systems in Google Drive, Box, Salesforce, and other platforms.
- Maintain and update Salesforce, CGRE’s primary database.
- Analyze grants and reporting data, and craft ways of communicating findings in compelling ways.
- Update content on CGRE’s website and outreach materials, as needed.
- Manage technology troubleshooting for CGRE team.
Logistics + Administration
- Schedule and organize convenings, meetings, site visits, and calls, including preparing background information.
- Manage travel arrangements for the Program Team and consultants.
- Travel within the U.S. to support learning events and other meetings.
(Any in-person meetings and travel would only occur when safe and permissible, given COVID-19 travel restrictions.)
The Grants + Data Associate will be a proactive, highly-organized, technology whiz and team player, looking to join CGRE in making real progress on gender and reproductive equity.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring access to quality, stigma-free reproductive healthcare, including contraception, sexual health services, and comprehensive abortion care.
- Three years in grants management or other role with heavy data management, analysis, and presentation responsibilities.
- Budget management and financial analysis.
- Meeting planning and execution.
- Working remotely as part of a collaborative team; start-up experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- “Super-user” Salesforce skills; experience with Fluxx a plus.
- Ease with virtual office platforms, including G Suite, Zoom, Box, and MS Office.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Aligned with and experienced in incorporating Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) principles into daily work and partnerships. Understand power dynamics and how they play out in society and the workplace.
- Opportunity-focused and optimistic: Sees the cup as overflowing.
- Systems thinker: Delights in creating and integrating processes to track data and organize information in the service of a mission-driven organization.
- Relational: Able to build trust with teammates and external partners; poised and comfortable with colleagues with different workstyles and levels of formality.
- Organized and detail oriented: Committed to accuracy and excellence.
- Flexible: Able to juggle different tasks for different managers, to prioritize and reprioritize; comfortable with occasional variability in working hours to accommodate time zone differences.
- Resourceful: Able to thrive in a virtual environment, including problem solving and knowing when to engage colleagues and managers.
- A pitch-in, “all hands on deck,” start-up attitude; humble; a sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits
CGRE is a sponsored project of RPA and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. The salary range for the Grants + Data Associate is $72,000-85,000, depending on skills and experience. The Associate would work remotely and come equipped with virtual office tools, including computer, phone, and other technology needs.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and responses to the two prompts below to CGRE.GDA@gmail.com.
- Share an example of a time when you used data to make the case for something that had gone unrecognized at work. If you can share an example using Salesforce, all the better!
- Using an example for each, tell us how you bring three values important to you into your work life.
The deadline for application materials is Monday, June 15, 2020.
RPA, as fiscal sponsor to CGRE, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are seeking a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration.