Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good.
We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.
We are seeking an advocate for the firm that can help us identify, attract, and hire exceptional and diverse talent. As a talent recruiter at Arabella, you will be responsible for working across business units and departments to help us meet our mission through excellent hires at all levels. We need someone that is passionate about working for a purpose-driven company, and is an enthusiastic promoter of our values. We are also looking for a leader that will help us meet our commitment to diversity.
- Work in collaboration with teams to manage multiple recruiting processes for open positions across the firm, including drafting position descriptions; reviewing resumes; conducting interviews; scheduling; administering and analyzing assessments; checking references and conducting background checks; making offers; and coordinating on boarding
- Support the development of and training on Arabella’s recruiting protocol and techniques
- Bring specialized recruiting knowledge to the firm around diversity
- Support the development of and manage implementation of the firm’s diversity strategy
- Work with hiring managers to build diverse candidate pools for assigned positions
- Develop a deep knowledge of business units and departments that you will support as a recruiting partner, including coordination on hiring forecasts
- Develop and nurture internal and external relationships that generate candidate pipelines and referrals for assigned business units and departments, including coordinating and representing firm at recruiting events
- Manage assigned aspects of the Arabella employment brand, which may include printed collateral, the careers website, social media pages, and candidate e-newsletter
- Ensure goodwill with all candidates through effective communications
- Manage internal and external referrals according to Arabella protocols for assigned positions
- Serve as administrator for applicant tracking system, and train relevant staff on how to use it
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws related to hiring practices
- Serve as local Culture and Talent (HR) team representative in local office, which includes advocating and implementing team programs
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in building organizational diversity programs
- Extensive knowledge of recruiting related laws and regulations
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful recruiting experience in high-growth environments; experience recruiting for a variety of positions at all levels
- Experience recruiting for multiple organizations and business models
- Experience managing a full-cycle recruiting process
- Experience building candidate pipelines, and representing organizations at job events
- Ability to manage up, down, and across an organization; work well on teams
- Track record of recruiting and hiring passive candidates
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system
- Skilled in candidate evaluation and general interviewing techniques, such as behavioral interviewing
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
Valued and Non-Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- PHR or SPHR
- Experience in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector
- Social media expertise
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
How To Apply
Candidates must submit a one-page or less cover letter and resume to be considered for the position. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials. In your cover letter, please answer these three questions: 1) Why do you want this job?; 2) Why should Arabella care about diversity?; and 3) What sets you apart from other recruiters?