NCFP is a national nonprofit located in Washington, DC. Our staff are mission driven, set ambitious goals, and share a culture of trust, respect and honesty. NCFP is open to diverse views and new ideas, and values open communications. Together we meet high standards of excellence in our work.
NCFP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
The National Center for Family Philanthropy is seeking a Program Coordinator to join its dynamic team. This role provides the opportunity to influence the largest and most diverse sector of philanthropic giving and to support philanthropic families and those who work with them. We are a very collaborative team and are excited to provide opportunities for growth in different areas based on the skillsets and interests of candidates. The successful candidate will have experience in providing programs and marketing/communications, blending the ability to envision, develop and manage programs while engaging audiences through social media, our interactive website, and other communications outlets.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Programs, and supports and contributes to a robust offering of programs, services, and communications for audiences served by NCFP. Past team members in this role have enjoyed responsibilities including the following. We are a very collaborative team and are excited to provide opportunities for growth in different areas based on the skillsets and interests of candidates.
- Support the development and execution of programs and strategies that advance the practice of family philanthropy, helping families to be more effective and achieve greater impact.
- Support NCFP webinar planning and execution: including identifying speakers, creating slide decks and marketing emails, and other related activities.
- Assist with content and session development for all convenings, including the National Forum on Family Philanthropy, Trustee Education Institute, CEO Retreats, and other trainings and seminars.
- Scheduling and support for NCFP advisory committees, including the National Forum Advisory Committee, and Trends in Family Philanthropy Advisory Committee.
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from NCFP families and other stakeholders, and deliver customized presentations to individual families and small groups.
- Create website content, including podcasts, e-books, and slideshows, and edits the monthly e-newsletter.
- Update programming events to support editing bios, descriptions, and keeping all materials updated.
- Support the Family Philanthropy Online Knowledge Center, and ensure a robust offering of resources. Works with NCFP staff, sector leaders and partner subscribers to upload and format resources, identify new resources on topics of interest, and create curated lists on FAQs from members.
- Represent the organization externally and maintain active relationships throughout the field, and build a growing network of sources for NCFP content and successful partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; focus on philanthropy, nonprofit management, public policy, or related issue area preferred. Two to three years program management experience required in the philanthropic or nonprofit sector.
Strong communications skills, including writing and editing for print, web and social media. Excellent research and analytical skills. Exceptional attention to detail, along with strong project management skills. Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting demanding project goals. Strong team orientation and willingness to be flexible and work in cross-functional teams. This position will require both creativity as well as a willingness to provide administrative support if and when needed.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Program Coordinator