Greenpeace is one of the most recognized and influential environmental organizations in the world, they are seeking a Chief Development Officer to lead senior leadership and the management of Greenpeace USA fundraising program.
About the Organization
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For almost fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster. Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities, safeguarding our independence and ability to speak the truth and act boldly.
About the Role
The Chief Development Officer must be an incredibly ambitious, innovative, entrepreneurial, and seasoned development professional to manage and inspire our strong fundraising staff and supporters. The CDO is responsible for the leadership and management of Greenpeace USA fundraising programs for Greenpeace Inc., Greenpeace Fund, and the Development Department which includes an in-house, street and door canvass, as well as Direct Marketing, Monthly Giving, Major Donor, Foundations and Planned Giving Programs. The CDO serves as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), which provides leadership on overall organizational strategy, management, administration, finance, and program development. The CDO will work with the SMT to instill a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization, ensuring that fundraising is a valued and mission-aligned component in all of our work. The CDO also serves as a member of the Global Fundraising Directors team, and a key liaison to the Greenpeace US Boards of Directors.
The ideal Chief Development Officer will have:
- Experience building and managing complex budgets, for both annual and multi-year plans – including providing financial analysis.
- Strong management skills, including 7 to 10 years of experience supervising and leading diverse, complex teams, including staff members who work around the world to achieve ambitious results.
- Ability to serve as a key member of the Senior Management Team. Experience with organizational strategy and planning at the senior level, particularly with change management.
- Experience and proven track record of building relationships with foundations to ensure funding.
- A demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity, and social justice.
- Bachelor’s degree.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.driconsulting.com/positions/.