LCV works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
League of Conservation Voters (LCV) has grown significantly since 2008, raising over $40 million in 2014. We are making crucial strides to transform the politics of climate change, build more power for the environmental movement, and win meaningful policies to address the issue. Poised to continue expansion, LCV is looking for a Major Gifts Officer to join our fundraising efforts and help us meet our ambitious revenue and program goals. The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) will join a top-notch and growing development team building the organization’s budget, power, and effectiveness. The MGO is responsible for raising funds from individual donors at four-, five-, and six-figure levels. This includes strategically identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors. In addition, the MGO will work with our state LCV partners to raise funds as part of a collaborative fundraising structure. The MGO is a senior member of LCV’s Development Department.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Individual Engagement.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of up to 200 current, lapsed and prospective donors, deepening relationships in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Meet with donors and prospects nationally. It is expected that the MGO will hold approximately 120 meetings annually with prospective donors. Many of these will be in conjunction with our state LCV partners. Develop and support cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for LCV’s president and other key staff and board members.
- Participate in high-level planning for LCV to help set both fundraising and programmatic goals.
- Work collaboratively with development, communications, and program staff, along with state LCV partners, to develop compelling materials and talking points to maximize fundraising results.
- Ensure donor portfolio records are current with all necessary and pertinent information, and input contacts and actions into database in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 7+ years of experience in fundraising or organizing, including a successful track record of closing gifts.
- Willingness to travel. Domestic travel is required with approximately 25-30% of working days on the road.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivation, strong judgment, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be creative, proactive, disciplined, and able to think strategically.
- Motivated to meet goals, produce results, and exceed expectations, and enthusiastic about accountability.
- Politically savvy, with a great sense of humor and an eagerness for continued learning.
- Passionate about protecting the environment.Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Professional, honest, and trustworthy; capable of handling confidential information with the utmost discretion.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MGO” in the subject line by April 30, 2016 or mail to:
League of Conservation Voters
Attn: Human Resources
1920 L Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036.
No phone calls please. LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workplace