The GEO community makes the difference between grantmaking as usual and transformational change. We’re more than 6,600 grantmakers working together to turn a hunger for more effective philanthropy into clear pathways for achieving it. We’re cutting through the noise to lift up the practices that matter most to nonprofits and communities.
The GEO community gives grantmakers the opportunity to work with others navigating the same journey to improve. With conferences focused on solving of-the-moment challenges, regular opportunities for peer learning, and publications that lift up best practice and examples from peers, GEO speeds grantmakers’ progress on the road to effectiveness. Four out of five GEO members outpace the field in adopting smarter grantmaking practices. To learn more about how GEO is making faster progress possible, visit www.geofunders.org.
The operations associate serves as the first point of contact at GEO as they are the first person guests, members, and vendors encounter when visiting GEO’s DC office or calling in. The operations associate works closely with the Operations Specialist and plays a critical role in our accounting and finance operations as well as handling office management and information technology. The operations associate reports to the Director of Operations.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
· Fielded a member inquiry on using GEO conference room space for their team retreat.
· Took stock of our laptop inventory to support upcoming onboarding for new hires; coordinate with outsourced IT vendor and Operations Specialist on the scheduling of the new laptop installation.
· Received, sorted and routed all mail and emails to the info box, making copies of all checks, recording receipt, and routing them to the appropriate approvers.
· Oversaw the monthly credit card reconciliation process, ensuring all cardholders submitted their expense reports in Concur on time, with all necessary receipts and coding, and prepared and submitted the expense reports for multiple Senior Team members.
· Scheduled an out of state members meeting for the VP, Programs.
· Met with Ops Team to discuss an ideal 2019 audit schedule and preparations tasks.
· Worked with Director of People and Culture to prepare onboarding binder(s) for new hires.
· Placed a work order with the building to repair broken floor tile.
· Participated in a conversation with other associates about how GEO’s culture can best support organizational goals
- Minimum of one year of AR and AP experience;
- Experience with reconciliation of monthly expense reports and calendaring, preferably for executives within nonprofit or philanthropic organizations
- Minimum of one year of operations and administrative experience in an office environment, including experience troubleshooting IT problems and maintaining office equipment including spotting trends, working with external vendors to resolve issues and project managing IT projects
- Experience working with accounting software systems, preferably Bill.com, Concur platforms, or similar
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy; persistent follow-through skills
- Strength in multi-tasking, problem-solving and time management
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate using multiple avenues to people of diverse backgrounds and work styles
- A basic understanding of how people and organizations change and the ability to be adaptable.
- Strong customer service ethos
- Willingness to support an organization in the midst of cultural transformation to integrate a racial equity lens into its mission
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs, a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will accept applications until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received by February 14, 2020. In your cover letter please address the following:
· Why are you a good fit for this position?
· Describe your technique in responding to multiple operational requests
· Tell us about your greatest contribution towards building and maintaining effective processes with an equity lens
· What appeals to you about working at GEO?