Since 1980, Independent Sector is the only national membership organization that brings together the charitable community—a diverse set of nonprofits, foundations, and corporations—to advance the common good. The charitable sector provides millions of people with powerful, independent, and voluntary methods for addressing the issues and expressing the values most important to them.
Hiring range: $118,000 – $125,000
The Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for managing a portfolio of major funders and partners to generate mutually beneficial relationships that help to advance the sector.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to market Independent Sector to potential and existing partners that includes revenue growth, peer retention, and management strategies.
- Collaborate with the Partnerships Team and other departments to understand stakeholder needs and goals, generate leads, identify funding opportunities, and deliver benefits and resources.
- Manage and build a portfolio of national and local partnerships to generate revenue, goodwill, and advancement of the sector.
- Manage the prospecting lifecycle for new partnerships and expansions, including pipeline development, pitching, closing, and partnership management.
- Research potential partners and identify relevant stakeholders with an interest in Independent Sector strategic programmatic areas.
- Develop and implement individual plans and strategies for developing key partnerships and initiatives around programmatic priorities, mobilizing necessary internal and external resources to ensure all partnerships are effectively executed and partners’ needs are fully met.
- Oversee fulfillment of partnerships to include impact reports for partners.
- Develop marketing collateral and assets for partnership offerings.
- Develop and refine systems, tools, frameworks and practices as related to strategic partnerships.
- Maintain and leverage CRM to inform strategies and decisions.
- Write and edit grant proposals.
- Closely monitor budget and accounting matters related to donor activity.
- Serve on internal committees and cross-functional work teams as appropriate.
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to:
Must include Director, Strategic Partnerships in subject line