Founded in 1976, the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy is an independent nonprofit that works to strengthen and preserve the nonprofit sector and improve its ability to represent and serve individuals politically, economically, or socially disadvantaged, by promoting greater philanthropic openness and accountability, and responsiveness to these individuals.To achieve this mission, NCRP conducts research on and advocates for philanthropic policies and practices that are more relevant to critical public needs; greater investment in the most disadvantaged and disenfranchised communities and populations in our nation; and increased support for public and private advocacy efforts that leverage innovative structural changes in relevant public and private institutions.
Are you a graduate student or recent graduate looking to build skills and experience in nonprofit event planning through a PAID year-long internship? The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) in Washington, D.C., is looking for an events intern who can help the organization’s small but high-performing team promote philanthropy that is accountable, effective and responsive to the needs of underserved communities. This internship is a wonderful opportunity for hands-on experience in event planning for a national nonprofit. You’ll practice building targeted outreach and recruiting strategies for important events, creating high-quality materials, and managing short-term projects. You’ll also get a chance to learn more about and interact with progressive nonprofits and foundations across the country that are engaged in the daily fight for a more equitable society. If you’re interested in learning more about this sector and building transferable skills for future work at a nonprofit or philanthropic institution, please read more below.
The intern will be supervised by the Vice President for Learning and Engagement.
Strategic Framework Rollout Events Support
• Draft correspondence, including invitations, to guests for NCRP Strategic Framework Rollout events
• Monitor and confirm RSVPs and attendance list for each event and field questions and inquiries about the event
• Coordinate logistics for NCRP Strategic Framework Rollout events, including refreshments, room setup, AV needs and other details
• Prepare some travel arrangements for NCRP staff to attend the events
NCRP Conference Presentations Support
• Create and update PowerPoint templates for frequently-used NCRP presentation
• Organize and catalogue NCRP presentation templates in our filing system
Southern Progress Grantmaking Project (SPGP) Events Support
• Populate and maintain a project-specific event calendar
• Prepare some travel arrangements for NCRP staff and project leaders to attend the events
• Monitor and confirm RSVPs for each event and field questions and inquiries about the event
• Draft correspondence, including invitations, to guests for events, and draft follow-up correspondence to participants after events
• Other duties as assigned
• Microsoft Office proficient, especially Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with booking air, train and ground transportation
• Ability to compile and ship handouts and materials for events
• Ability to quickly research and synthesize findings clearly and concisely
• Must be detail oriented, personable, and possess excellent follow up skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Working knowledge of Every Action or similar CRM databases
• Creative, quick thinker
• Must be organized and comfortable with priority changes
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
Salary: This is a 25-hour per week internship paid at a rate of $15/hour.
Send a cover letter, a resume, and a one page writing sample via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EVENTS INTERN” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We are hoping to fill the position by early September.
We receive a lot of applications, so no phone calls or follow up emails, please. You will definitely hear from us if your qualifications align with our needs. Whether you’re a good match or not, we THANK YOU for considering joining our team. Good luck! NCRP is an equal opportunity employer.