n organization that has been winning legal fights for women’s rights for more than 40 years is seeking a Senior Vice President of External Affairs to help meet the new legal challenges women face in the 21st century.
The National Women’s Law Center has been on the frontlines of nearly every major advance for women and families for more than 45 years. Its work depends on generous donors who contribute funds, knowledgeable professionals who donate their expertise, and visible supporters who amplify messaging to marshal public support. The Center secured over $13.7 million in contributions and grants, including $2.5 million of donated services, for the year ending June 30, 2017; ran press relations that secured visibility in the New York Times, CNN, The Guardian, NPR, Vogue, and The Washington Post, among other major media outlets, and waged successful grassroots and digital campaigns.
Today the Center is seeking a Senior Vice President of External Affairs to grow the Center’s profile and expand individual engagement with the organization by sharply defining the Center’s national brand, broadening its visibility, and attracting significant support and resources to advance its strategic goals.
Reporting to the COO and Chief of Staff, the SVP will oversee the Vice President of Communications and the Vice President of Development and the integration of their departments’ public-facing and individual engagement and will lead efforts to assess, design, and develop the infrastructure for a best-in-class integrated external affairs division. With oversight of annual and major giving from all constituencies as well as art production, supporter engagement, digital campaigns, and media relations, the SVP will ensure that the departments are designed and empowered to execute smart collaborative outreach and engagement initiatives, building a broad base of support for a mission with high-stakes impact on millions of women and their families. The SVP also will expand broad cross-organizational external affairs efforts, such as developing a stronger grasstops program.
The ideal Senior Vice President of External Affairs will have:
• At least 10 years senior leadership experience, with at least 5 years in a development role; experience working with legal scholars or attorneys is desirable.
• Outstanding major gift and planned gift fundraising record in a complex non-profit environment, with a sophisticated understanding of how to build an individual major donor pipeline, secure 6-and 7-figure gifts and to increase giving levels and revenue.
• Experience working with foundations, including identifying prospects, cultivating and stewarding relationships, and overseeing the development of proposals.
• Demonstrated ability to steer the development of an organizational brand and identity.
• Record of successful partnership with a CEO and Board of Directors.
• Demonstrated ability to build a well-supported, carefully nurtured, and high-performing team.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred.
How To Apply
DRi is leading this search for the National Women’s Law Center. For more information, visit http://www.driconsulting.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org