The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and The Leadership Conference Education Fund seek an experienced, skilled, and innovative Vice President of Development to advance the Development Department in growing and sustaining current and future fundraising activities to support our missions.
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 200 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in the America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns and programs empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund have a combined budget of $15.5M for FY18 and are each governed by a board of directors.
There are no organizations in the country better positioned to lead the fight for civil rights today. The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund develop and execute coordinated campaigns and programs to further democracy, justice, and opportunity for all. Under the new leadership of influential civil rights lawyer Vanita Gupta, it is reinvigorating its work to meet broad attacks on basic American democratic institutions and lay the groundwork for affirmative civil rights goals.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund seek a Vice President of Development to be a thought-partner in this effort and an integral member of the senior management team. Reporting to the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer as well as the President & CEO, the Vice President of Development will bring a blend of strategic and operational leadership that promotes new levels of engagement for current and prospective donors and advances a culture of philanthropy across The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund. This position is directly responsible for individual giving, major gifts, institutional giving, corporate sponsorships, special events, and development operations, supervising two directors and an overall development team of about six individuals.
Ideal candidates for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for the organizations’ mission, history, and ambitions.
- At least 8 years of experience in leadership roles in comprehensive development programs; at least 3 years with significant supervisory and budgeting responsibilities.
- Experience leading fundraising for advocacy programs or for C3 and C4 organizations.
- Experience working successfully with the most senior leaders and stakeholders in an organization and serving as an effective strategist and relationship-building partner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, direction, and management oversight that catalyzes elevated levels of performance across an organization.
- Hands-on experience in securing 6- and 7-figure gifts; experience engaging high-profile donors in a major metropolitan area is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree and CFRE is preferred.
How To Apply
DRi is leading this search for The Leadership Conference/The Education Fund. For more information, visit http://driconsulting.com/position/vice-president-development-leadership-conference/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.