CTIA represents the U.S. wireless communications industry. From carriers and equipment manufacturers to mobile app developers and content creators, we bring together a dynamic group of companies that enable consumers to lead a 21st Century connected life.
The Manager of Programs is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a portfolio of the Foundation’s philanthropic programs that amplify the positive social impact of wireless technology on American communities. The Manager reports to the Executive Director and works with the Foundation’s partners in the wireless industry, non-profit and government sectors.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure the overall efficient operations of the Foundation.
· Provide full project management of a portfolio of programs including relationship, contract, budget, and timeline management along with performance tracking and reporting.
· Provide event support including executing event planning tasks and functions and providing onsite support to CTIA executives, members and sponsors.
· Support management of the Board of Directors and coordinate materials and logistics for Board and Committee meetings.
· Perform administrative duties assisting with travel arrangements, calendar management, and other daily workflow tasks.
· Support the delivery of a communications strategy and resulting messaging for collateral, the Foundation’s website and social media outlets.
· Contribute to fundraising efforts for Foundation programs and events.
· Contribute to the Foundation’s strategic planning process and delivery of goals.
· Collaborate with colleagues in CTIA departments, primarily Communications, Legal, and Accounting, to leverage shared resources.
· Develop a knowledge of the wireless industry, CTIA priorities and members.
· Support special projects and requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
Ideal candidates will:
· Have exceptional project management and written and oral communication skills.
· Have experience managing budgets and contracts.
· Possess a four-year college degree and at least three years of experience working in program management or development.
· Knowledge of philanthropy, foundations, corporate social responsibility, or the non-profit sector is preferred. A general understanding of wireless technology is helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities: N/A
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Project Management – Delivers project milestones by agreed upon deadlines and within budget; provides concise and regular status reports on all projects.
Attention to Detail – Understand importance of detail.
Customer Service – Responds to requests from internal and external stakeholders; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Establishes positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Projects positive image of the organization.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and succinctly; edits work for accuracy, spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritize assignments and plans for short-term and long-term projects. Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
This person must have in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use of motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position may require overtime. Candidate must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
This list describes general job duties and responsibilities. It is not a complete list of duties. Incumbents may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
CTIA does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, marital status, personal appearance, veteran status, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to HR@CTIA.org