Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. By changing policies, programs and conditions that allow hunger and poverty to persist, we provide help and opportunity far beyond the communities in which we live.
Bread for the World Institute provides policy analysis on hunger and strategies to end it.
DEPARTMENT: Development and Membership
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director of Development and Membership
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: To support the membership and fundraising activities of Bread for the World and Bread for the World Institute, with primary responsibility for meeting targets for digital fundraising and acquisition that are tied to the overall membership revenue goals and that integrate with multi-channel fundraising campaigns.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Development and Membership, the Project Manager for Digital Fundraising will be responsible for the production and implementation of digital fundraising efforts that take place across digital platforms including web, email and social media.
- Digital Fundraising and Member Acquisition: 60%
- Reporting and Analysis: 20%
- Digital Advertising: 15%
- Participate in multi-department task forces & committees: 5%
- BA or BS degree required and a minimum of two years’ work experience with similar responsibilities in digital fundraising or
- Minimum of four years of work experience with similar responsibilities in digital fundraising
- Knowledge and experience in digital communications and fundraising; experience with Excel and databases; Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online eCRM or other similar eCRM software is preferred
- Knowledge of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, for fundraising/list growth purposes
- Working knowledge of HTML, Google AdWords and Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills (written, oral, and electronic), especially for a digital environment
- Experience utilizing project management principles
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to conduct research and analyses of multiple factors related to communicating with Bread’s large and growing online network and make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships internally and externally which require a high degree of diplomacy and judgment in order to address and resolve substantive conflicts or escalate concerns to management.
- Ability to work independently as up to 40% performance and outcomes are subject to broad organizational review and up to 60% of the time are subject to management review.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor including dependability, flexibility, willingness to learn, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Christian faith perspective and advocacy to end hunger desirable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT ISSUES:
DISCLAIMER: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY: Please click on the link below or fax your cover letter and resume to the attention of Kari Burnside at 202-688-1155.