PUBLIC WELFARE FOUNDATION
Director of Administration
The Public Welfare Foundation, a private, national grantmaking foundation with assets of approximately $500 million based in Washington, DC, is seeking a Director of Administration to lead its human resources, facilities, and office operations functions. As Director of Administration, you will report to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer.
The Public Welfare Foundation supports efforts to advance justice and opportunity for people in need. These efforts honor the Foundation’s core values of racial equity, economic well-being and fundamental fairness for all. The Foundation looks for strategic points where its funds can make a significant difference and improve lives through policy and system reform that results in transformative change. In its 70-year history, the Foundation has distributed more than $570 million in grants to more than 4,800 organizations. With current assets of approximately $500 million, Public Welfare makes grants nationwide and focuses its grant making in some difficult, and often overlooked, social justice areas where it believes it can serve as a catalyst for reform. Its main programs are Criminal Justice, Youth Justice, and Workers’ Rights. For more information, please visit our web site at www.publicwelfare.org.
About the position:
As Director of Administration, you will lead all aspects of human resources, including talent management, benefits administration, and compliance with statutory and other requirements and best practices. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing the Foundation’s relationship with its property management and office operations vendors, including risk management and insurance. You will also participate in an internal IT committee.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead the human resources function, including benefits administration, compensation benchmarking, talent management and employee handbook;
• Manage office operations and risk management functions, including capital and FF&E procurement and business continuity/incident response planning;
• Supervising the Events Manager, lead the Foundation’s facilities management, including its relationship with the outsourced property management vendor and tenants, and the events/office space rental programs;
• Participate on internal Information Technology Committee to develop and implement information technology planning and policies.
• Provide input on the Foundation’s annual operating budget for all line items under purview; review monthly financial statements; prepare long-term outlook for capital projects and fixed asset acquisitions.
Additional skills and qualities we seek in an ideal candidate are:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a concentration in human resources or business administration.
• Five years relevant administrative experience required, preferably in a non-profit setting.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in human resources management, including recruitment and retention, compensation and benefits, and performance assessment.
• Extensive knowledge of laws and regulations related to employment and benefits issues.
• Significant experience with property and office facilities management, to include management of physical office space and procurement/maintenance of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
• Knowledge to create systems to ensure that the Foundation’s offices provide a safe and functional environment in which staff and guests may function on a day-to-day basis.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to produce work at a high level of accuracy; attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements.
• Solid managerial skills; creativity and innovation in solving problems.
• Ability to work independently and adaptable to change.
How To Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Diversity and equal opportunity employment reflect the core values of the Public Welfare Foundation. Employment opportunities at the Public Welfare Foundation are based on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law. Furthermore, applicants who have been impacted by the criminal justice system may apply.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Human Resources, Public Welfare Foundation, 1200 U Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. Applications are to be submitted via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, December 17, 2018.