Arena Stage is alive as a center for American Theater in our nation’s capital with productions, diverse and innovative works from around the country and the nurturing of new plays. Our focus is on American artists. We produce and present all that is passionate, exuberant, profound, deep and dangerous in the American spirit. We explore issues from the past, present and future that reflect America’s diversity and challenges. These are voiced through the productions we create, the work we develop, the presentations that move beyond our stages and community and education programs that engage artists, students and audiences.
The Major Gift and Campaign Manager reports to the Campaign Director and, in coordination with the Donor Services Assistant supports the Campaign Committee, Board of Trustees, staff and Campaign Counsel in work and projects related to the Arena Stage’s $70 million comprehensive campaign.
50% Front Line Fundraising and Prospect Management
- Feeding the Campaign prospect pipeline by overseeing cultivation and qualification efforts for a portfolio of membership-level donors (<$1,500 annual giving) who have been tagged as potential major donors. This portfolio is estimated to be 30-40 individuals.
- Soliciting individuals in this portfolio for Inner Circle membership ($1,500 – $10,000) at the appropriate time, in coordination with the Annual Giving team and the Campaign Director.
- Working with major gift officers to track progress on strategic plans and prospect moves
- Participating in projects related to the cultivation of major gift prospects and the stewardship of existing donors.
- Participation in the planning and execution of major donor stewardship at all levels.
- Transitioning successful solicitations to a major gift officer.25% Event Planning
- Assist the Event Manager on planning and execution of 10 to 15 local Campaign events for stewardship and cultivation of Campaign prospects and donors
- Working with donor-facing fundraising staff to create appropriate invitation lists and coordinate the invitation and RSVP process
- Assist with logistics related to travel and non-local stewardship and cultivation events
- Maintaining a master Campaign calendar to maximize the impact and value of cultivation and stewardship events25% Campaign Support
- Working with the Donor Services Assistant to support the data and information needs of the Campaign team.
- Assisting in the creation and preparation of Campaign material and solicitation proposals
- Producing reports to track Campaign progress and liaising with the Business Office to reconcile Campaign reports with the general ledger
- Overseeing acknowledgment and recognition processes for all Campaign giftsQualifications:
Arena Stage seeks a seasoned, responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy. Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically capital campaigns, is highly encouraged. Working knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
The Successful Candidate:
- Has a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising or a related field that overlaps with the responsibilities noted.
- Will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Will have excellent communication skills, especially in the areas of writing and proofreading
- Will be comfortable providing high-level customer service
- Is available to work occasional nights and weekends
- Conducts themselves with extreme professionalism and maturity, especially when attending high-profile events and functions
- Thrives in a very fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates a history of successful project management
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors Experience with Tessitura or similar database is a plus
- Is experienced with handling confidential information in a discreet manor
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or higher
How To Apply