We’re a 40 year old nonprofit and since 1976, we’ve been an unabashed champion for philanthropy that serves the public good, a brave and unrelenting watchdog and advocate for funding that directly benefits the underserved, under-represented and marginalized communities, and a courageous voice for social justice for all people in our society. For the mission and vision statements of National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy and to learn more about our work, visit www.ncrp.org.
Paid Events Internship with a Progressive Nonprofit in D.C.
Are you a graduate student or recent graduate looking to build skills and experience in nonprofit event planning through a PAID year-long internship?
The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) in Washington, D.C., is looking for an events intern who can help the organization’s small but high-performing team.
This internship is a wonderful opportunity for hands-on experience in event planning for a national nonprofit. You’ll practice building targeted outreach and recruiting strategies for important events, creating high-quality materials, and managing short-term projects. You’ll be able to participate on multiple project teams and learn how to navigate. You’ll also get a chance to learn more about and interact with progressive nonprofits and foundations across the country that are engaged in the daily fight for a more equitable society. If you’re interested in learning more about this sector and building transferable skills for future work at a nonprofit or philanthropic institution, please read more below.
The internship lasts from hire in fall 2019 until September 30, 2020.
Conference, Presentation and Travel Support
· Assist with registering senior staff for events and making travel arrangements
· Research for conferences and presentation opportunities for NCRP across a variety of projects
· Write web descriptions for NCRP events
· Coordinate planning calls for NCRP webinars
· Coordinate lists for side-meetings for NCRP staff at conferences and in-person meetings
· Input contacts from sign-in sheets and business cards into NCRP’s database
· Support evaluation of presentations and relationship records across a variety of projects
· Create and update PowerPoint templates and presentations for NCRP presentations
· Organize and catalogue NCRP presentation templates in our filing system
NCRP Impact Awards Support
· Support logistics planning and execution, such as, refreshments, gathering materials, room setup, AV and other event details
· Support processing event wrap up, including follow up with attendees and entering them into our database
· Complete monthly expense reports for NCRP’s Vice Presidents
· Assist with scheduling internal and external meetings for NCRP’s Vice Presidents
· Provide ad hoc administrative support to NCRP’s Vice Presidents
· Understands and has passion for advancing social and economic justice
· Microsoft Office proficient, especially Word and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of database records, especially Salesforce and Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with booking air, train and ground transportation
· Ability to compile and ship handouts and materials for events
· Ability to quickly research and synthesize findings clearly and concisely
· Must be detail oriented, personable, and possess excellent follow up skills
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with customer service skills
· Excellent organization and time-management skills
· Creative, quick thinker
· Must be organized and comfortable with priority changes
How To Apply
To Apply: Please apply via this link: https://ncrp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=34
Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We are hoping to fill the position by early October.
NCRP is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ-identified candidates to apply. NCRP will provide, excepting any undue hardship, reasonable accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.